We are famous for our collaborative approach to trading. It helps us partner with our clients, drives how we work as a team and guarantees success. As a Sales Trader your sharp mind, strong social skills and natural charm will set you up for a great career.
MORE ABOUT THE JOB
Founded in 2009, ACT Commodities is a leader in the environmental commodity markets. As the world moves toward a more sustainable future, ACT Commodities caters to this shift. We cover all environmental certificates, as well as biofuels, feedstocks, and other products focused on the energy and carbon transition. We are a fast-paced and forward-thinking organization that believes that we are better together!
- Learn about the environmental commodity markets, including carbon credits/offsets, renewable energy credits, renewable fuels, biomethane and renewable fuel feedstocks
- Gain experience across multiple product desks encompassing different client strategies
- Focus on ad-hoc market-based projects and/or research for the desks
- These projects may include monitoring markets, strategizing on structured transactions, performing various analyses, and joining client meetings/calls with senior sales traders
- Undergraduate currently pursuing a degree with an expected graduation date of December 2023 - June 2024
- Critical thinker with strong numerical skills who can articulate their thoughts and ideas clearly
- Strong ability to collaborate with others and comfortable building strong working relationships
- Strong interest in the environmental commodity markets, and you bring a proactive, resourceful, and positive attitude as well as a powerful work ethic
- Strong attention to detail with experience and comfort in Excel
Salary Range: $30-40 per hour
ACT Commodities, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions at ACT Commodities, Inc. are made without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, family or parental status, status with regard to public assistance, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
I connect clients to commodity markets
My work is all about understanding my clients’ needs and spotting opportunities. Bringing people together by matching supply to demand and vice versa.
Playing at the top of my game
I can persuade clients with my trading and social skills. I am a natural diplomat, easily connecting with people. Charming, attentive and sociable. Performing at the top of my game will earn me a place in the successful team at ACT Commodities.