- Lead team by advocating and supporting Agile principles, ceremonies and CoPs as well as the Dev/Ops quality assurance mindset of 'you build it you own it’
- Role model and instill relentless improvement in their team by eliminating waste, delays and impediments to people and project success
- Build partnerships with customers, stakeholders, service providers and consultants
- Support product and operations teams in managing trade-lifecycle and client reporting, understanding their value-creation objectives
- Key controls, processes, standards, and risks are fully understood, monitored, and enforced and embedded in the SDLC processes. Liaise with internal/external auditors.
- Lifecycle management of application and tools is planned on a 3 year forward looking basis according to vendor communicated versioning.
- Ensure the team is effectively executing delivery plans, providing guidance and input to strategic and technical planning for multiple IT projects acting in a SME role as needed
- Manage epics/projects in respect of budgets, time and quality highlighting risks and issues to CTO Leadership Team and stakeholders
- Resource allocation of colleagues within the Investment Management team identifying capability gaps and opportunities to upskill colleagues
- People management; performance management including objective setting and wellbeing, recruitment, onboarding, career development, training, and talent management
- Motivating, inspiring and mentoring individuals and work groups to meet objectives and foster an environment of teamwork and open communications.
- IT Leadership experience in an agile Dev/Sec/Ops working environment
- Delivery and impact-oriented leadership style focusing on agile principles of autonomy through transparency and accountability through fact-based decision making
- Strong people leadership skills; ability to develop others to get results, attract, develop and retain talent and facilitate a continuous improvement mindset
- Proven track record of success working in multi-disciplined/multi-geography large scale IT organizations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to influencing senior-level management and key internal/external stakeholders
- Strong understanding of SDLC and Dev/Sec/Ops market best practices and conforming to IT risk management process (Self-Assessments, SOC/ISAE assessments, control frameworks)
- Strong customer orientation, anticipating and proactively addresses (internal) customer needs to ensure positive value creating outcomes that drives the organizations’ top and bottom lines.
- Experience working with key or similar Investment Management applications; Aladdin, Clearwater, Crims, Murex, Central Trade manager, Markitwire, MarkitServ, OMGEO and CTM
How we look after you
Outside of a competitive salary, working with us comes with a range of benefits that you can access from day one, including:
- Non-contributary pension between 9-13% dependant on age
- Life assurance cover
- Private medical cover and health assessments
- Access to Peppy – a digital health app for employees of all genders with a range of support covering areas such as general health, menopause, fertility, baby etc
- Critical Illness cover
- A suite of enhanced parental leave policies to support you in the moments that matter
- Holiday trading
- Private GP appointments with Doctor at Hand
- Cycle2Work scheme
- 2 paid days per year for charitable volunteering
- Employee wellbeing is key to our culture. We offer a range of online classes to support this, including yoga and meditation
We champion a collaborative, supportive working environment where you’ll have the opportunity to develop yourself and your career in a way that works for you. Our reward programmes encourage peer-to-peer recognition, and we offer a discretionary annual bonus dependent on company and individual performance.
How we look after the community and the environment
Aegon Asset Management supports local causes that align with our purpose and ambitions. Our goal is to serve and strengthen the communities where we do business and create a better quality of life for everyone. Our employees are encouraged to support charities they feel passionate about and are offered volunteering days.
Responsible investment is a key element of Aegon’s company-wide approach to sustainability. Aegon is committed to Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) investing, we have over 30 years' experience managing responsible investments and offer over 200 responsible investment options across our platforms.
We’re transitioning to our new normal and we’re welcoming everyone back to working in new, collaborative, and exciting ways. We’ve adopted a hybrid environment of remote and office working, so it’s important that you live within a commutable distance to our offices.
We know that people have busy lives and commitments outside of work, so we offer flexible work arrangements where possible to support our employees.
We’re an equal opportunities employer
We are proud to be a recognised Disability Confident Employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, disability, race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
As an international and multicultural business, we celebrate a range of festive days to support the rich diversity of our employees. Our Chief Marketing Officer leads our own LGBTQ+ community group, and we proudly sponsor Pride events across the UK.
Who we’re made up of
We’re a company of ambitious, collaborative, problem-solvers who get things done. We strive to make sure everyone that works for us feel seen, heard, and valued – so we’re looking for like-minded people to join us.
What you need to know
We’ll need you to confirm you have the right to work in the UK. If we offer you the job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing satisfactory references.