Akuna Capital is an innovative trading firm with a strong focus on collaboration, cutting-edge technology, data driven solutions and automation. We specialize in providing liquidity as an options market-maker – meaning we are committed to providing competitive quotes that we are willing to both buy and sell. To do this successfully we design and implement our own low latency technologies, trading strategies and mathematical models.
Our Founding Partners, including Akuna’s CEO Andrew Killion, first conceptualized Akuna in their hometown of Sydney. They opened the firm’s first office in 2011 in the heart of the derivatives industry and the options capital of the world – Chicago. Today, Akuna is proud to operate from additional offices in Sydney, Shanghai, and Boston.
What you’ll do as an Asset Manager at Akuna:
We are looking for an Asset Manager, based in Chicago, to join our IT Infrastructure team at Akuna. In this role you will take ownership of managing our hardware assets, equipment lifecycles, warranty & support renewals, and public cloud assets. In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for reviewing our current asset management system to ensure it can properly track our equipment locations and equipment lifecycle events.
- Review current asset management processes to align with best practices.
- Work with Procurement to track equipment orders and arrivals and record them in our asset tracking system.
- Work with stakeholders to review equipment age and determine lifecycle replacement schedules and review support renewals.
- Coordinate secure asset disposal with third party asset disposal companies.
- Work with IT management to implement standards and procedures for tracking our public cloud assets.
- Define and implement regular, automated reporting for accounting and management review.
- Work closely with accounting to reconcile equipment lists for depreciation purposes.
- Work closely with Data Center Operations to perform routine audits of equipment installations.
Qualities that make great candidates:
- 3+ years of asset management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field preferred but not required.
- Solid understanding of current IT technologies.
- Experience in a contract management or procurement capacity managing equipment vendors and third-party service providers.
- Experience implementing & using asset management software such as Device42.
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to maintaining an accurate inventory.
- Ability to communicate detailed instructions both verbally and written.