Chicago Trading Company (CTC) helps the world price and manage risk. We pride ourselves on our strong values, our entrepreneurial spirit, and our commitment to doing the right thing. Our culture is highly collaborative across traders, quants, technologists and development teams who work together to solve the toughest problems our markets have to offer. We strive to make a positive impact on our industry, the lives of our employees, and the communities to which we belong.
CTC is one of the fastest-growing equities options market makers in the U.S. A critical aspect of providing liquidity to investors is understanding the underlying market dynamics driving stock prices, sectors, and macro trends. CTC is seeking to hire our first Equity Analyst to grow this important competency. As an Equity Analyst, you will be embedded on a trading desk, working close to the tip of the spear in a dynamic environment. This includes partnership with trading through problem and risk identification, market research, recommending strategies, making on the spot calls and recommendations about risks and events, and partnering with trading, quantitative research, and technology teams to build and automate tools based on your ideas. Our environment of collaborative innovation and intellectual curiosity allows us to share in our victories while continually challenging ourselves to stretch the limits of our creativity. Take advantage of this opportunity to apply your market expertise to build out our fast-growing business at CTC.
What You’ll Do
- Continuously monitor market news and be a real-time, on-the-spot expert providing news analysis and guidance to our trading team
- Identify and analyze known or likely events that may impact single stocks or industry sectors
- Understand and make market recommendations to our trading team regarding special situations and corporate actions (dividends, earnings, bankruptcies, government action, mergers/spin-offs)
- Analyze market flows to identify unusual trading opportunities
- Work with the research and development teams to develop automated alerting workflows and applications based on news, social media, and upcoming events in partnership with relevant trading desks
- Partner with our trading and Global Risk Management teams to advise on event risk exposure limits
- Provide a critical advantage to our trading team through your insight and analysis
What We’re Looking For
- 2+ years experience in equities analysis, equities or equities options trading, or a related field
- Academic degree in economics, quantitative finance or a related field
- Understanding of basic corporation finance principles
- Strong analytical skills and interest in business/financial/economic news and its impact on markets in sectors such as biotech, pharmaceuticals, banks, energy, and international stocks (e.g. Chinese companies)
- Ability to make tough real-time judgment calls based on incomplete information, and to construct trade ideas or risk advice based on news and market or macro events
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with traders in a real-time environment
- Basic experience with Python programming
- Options knowledge (basic trading concepts, Greeks) is a plus but not required (we have an excellent training program)
We strongly believe in the well-being of our employees and their families, so we offer outstanding benefits to support you both professionally and personally. These benefits include generous medical coverage, paid parental leave, free breakfast and lunch (plus healthy snacks, of course), wellness reimbursement, quarterly recharge days, and a variety of other benefits focused on providing the best employee experience.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At CTC, we aim to cultivate a workplace that celebrates diversity and each person feels included, engaged and empowered. Where each of us feels we belong. We are committed to having a diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that emails sent to this email account for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.