Our formula for success is to hire exceptional people, encourage their ideas and reward their results.
As a Quality Assurance Intern, you will test and characterize the performances of RF telecommunication devices in a state-of-the-art research lab. DRW enables our Quality Assurance Intern to learn about RF telecommunications infrastructure and its most important functionalities and how to use advanced testing equipment like the spectrum analyzer and the network analyzer. While your days will have you immersed in complex projects directly driving DRW's network improvement, your time also will be packed with education, responsibility, challenges, problem-solving, excitement and fun.
How you will make an impact?
- Build ad-hoc setup for RF hardware and software testing for special tests
- Upgrade test setup with the objective to increase our testing capacity
- Automate data collection on our test setups to reduce the possibility of human error
- Redact test reports to evaluate the performance of the tested device
- Troubleshoot new devices and identify possible issue
- Maintain and keep testing setup functional
- Design a system that allow the modification of RF communication links with a Linux environments and specialized switch matrices.
- Evaluate new telecommunication equipment in view of identifying the weaknesses and the optimization possibilities for specific performances characteristics.
- Plan the field installation of RF links in view of analyzing their performances and compare them to the theoretical results.
What you bring to the team?
- Are pursuing a bachelor's or master's in electrical engineering or any related science discipline and have an expected graduation date between December 2022 and June 2023
- Have knowledge of a scripting language, telecommunication principles and exposure to networking
- Have a strong interest in RF telecommunication
- Strong English communication skills both written and spoken
What to expect during the internship?
- Meaningful projects: You'll receive a challenging project to complete during your time here. Each project, advised by an experienced QA team member, promotes a comprehensive learning experience and provides you with meaningful work experience.
- A deep dive in the RF world: With the guidance of senior technologists, you will obtain a better understanding of this niche domain in the electric engineering spectrum.
- Community: Throughout the summer, we host a variety of educational, social and team-building activities to foster friendship and camaraderie.
- Housing: DRW provides fully furnished apartments located close to the office making your morning commute as easy as possible.
- Mentorship: You'll build a professional relationship with an experienced mentor in your field. Mentors and mentees meet to discuss goals, challenges and professional development.
DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 30 years, so has DRW - maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With nearly 1,400 employees across offices globally, including locations in Montreal and Vancouver, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It's a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.