Be a part of something powerful at America's leading energy provider!
At Exelon, our people are the heart and soul of our business. Whether it's powering lives, supporting communities or collaborating with colleagues, an Exelon employee is talented, compassionate, forward-thinking and inspired. We are a Fortune 200 company united by our values and shared vision for a cleaner and brighter future. We encourage curiosity, value diverse perspectives and we never stop looking for ways to be, work and do better. We know the future is in our hands. That's why we're looking for people like you, who have the power to make a difference.
As the nation's largest utility company, we serve more than 10 million customers through six fully regulated transmission and distribution utilities -- Atlantic City Electric (ACE), Baltimore Gas and Electric (BGE), Commonwealth Edison (ComEd), Delmarva Power & Light (DPL), PECO Energy Company (PECO), and Potomac Electric Power Company (Pepco). All 18,000 of us are committed to delivering safe, reliable and affordable energy to our customers, strengthening our communities, supporting a clean energy future and reducing our impact on the changing climate.
Our people are empowered to evolve and advance their careers in an open and inclusive environment. We pride ourselves on being the kind of place where people want to come, stay and grow -- whether that's in the role and path they start in or in new and exciting career opportunities across our business. We know that investing in our employees' futures strengthens ours, which is why we offer competitive compensation, incentives, opportunities for career path changes, and health and retirement benefits.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Manage the Business Planning and Support team to support operations leadership in business planning, budget analysis, operational governance, oversight and support. Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manage the business planning and support group to oversee business planning, benchmarking, operational governance process and ensure timely completion of various business analysis to support operational leadership.
- Manage, coach and develop analysts in a high performance environment.
- Manage cross-functional assignments or projects as appropriate.
- Lead the business planning and support team to perform strategic and tactical assessment of operational performance leveraging industry benchmarking information and other pertinent information, and develop long range business plan. Develop operational governance processes and procedures to ensure efficiency and compliance.
- Day to day management responsibilities are diverse and complex, including coordination among all operations departments in industry benchmarking activities, business planning activities, regular department management review meetings, completion of all commitments and compliance items, as well as performance management of management employees
- Responsibilities involve both internal and external contacts regarding issues critical to operations
- 10% travel is required.
- Work is diversified in nature and requires initiative and judgment in determining prioritization of activities and appropriate course of action. Involves the understanding and application of business practices, guidelines and accounting principles. The need to understand to total operating cost, benchmarking information and the ability to apply best practices are critical to achieve results that are world class.
- Number of personnel supervised include the following: up to 10 exempt employees.
Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting, or other quantitative areas and 8 + years related business experience in business planning, project management, and/or financial analysis
- Ability to conduct in-depth financial analysis and oversee business planning function in a fast paced work environment
- Excellent Microsoft Access, Excel and Powerpoint skills to deliver presentations to senior executives.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Proven abilities to communicate at all levels including senior executives.
- Strong planning, organizational and problem solving skills, and attention to detail, initiative and the ability to effectively manage change and successfully complete multiple tasks under constantly changing conditions.
Advanced degree or professional certification preferred (such as CFA, CPA, PPM or MBA) 5 years of supervisor or manager experience