Flow Traders is looking for an EMEA Head of Risk. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading proprietary trading firm with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture at the heart of its business. We value quick-witted, creative minds and challenge them to make full use of their capacities.
In this exciting role, you will gain intimate knowledge of our global business by collaborating with key business units in trading as well as finance, compliance and operations among others. Consequently, your leadership contributes directly to safeguard organizational and business continuity within our risk management framework.
You will be based in Amsterdam and report into the Global Head of Risk. In this capacity, you will manage 2-3 teams of 3-4 people each. These teams focus on the risk monitoring and pro-active management of our main asset classes (Equities, Fixed Income, FX and Crypto), treasury & regulatory capital, and operational risk within our risk management framework and policies.
What you will do
- Provide support, advice and counsel to the Global Head of Risk and further to the CRO, Management Board and Supervisory Board, in respect to risk management matters such as risk appetite, regulatory capital, operational risk and portfolio risk across Flow Traders
- Development and implementation of consistent (where appropriate) best in class risk management policies and tools
- Lead the annual ICAAP/ILAAP exercise and own any other regulatory capital reporting and management
- Proactively manage the SREP process
- Maintain and enhance the firm’s risk appetite framework and lead the annual risk appetite review
- Define and conduct regular independent risk reviews
- Work closely with the internal and external stakeholders as applicable and take a proactive role in identifying, reviewing and managing risk management issues
- Keep abreast of current and future industry practices and developments and translate their relevance for Flow Traders
- Consider use of enhanced data analytics and technology solutions to empower the function through enhanced or automated supervision
- Set up and monitor the work of each team and team member extracting the best of each and enabling Risk to deliver value to Trading and the firm.
- Be a role model, motivate and develop staff to their full potential.
What you need to succeed
- University degree or equivalent in a quantitative subject (Math, Physics, Computer Science, Economics, Finance or equivalent)
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the regulated financial services industry with a strong background in risk management. Must already be in a similar role, i.e. managing a team of technical and experienced risk managers across various asset classes.
- Expert knowledge of risk management practices with intimate understanding of relevant regulations (ICAAP/ILAAP, IFR/IFD, SREP, etc.)
- Strong leadership and excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to work effectively with the business and instill a keen sense of risk alertness, as well as to provide support and advice
- A commercial mind set, with an enthusiasm for solving problems and the ability to persuade others of your point of view
- The ability to manage and motivate the direct team as well as stakeholders to achieve goals
- Very structured personality that takes pleasure from setting up and running disciplined operating processes
- An eye for detail, yet at the same time does not drown in them
- Excellent English communication skills
What we offer
We like to think that talent grows at Flow and stays at Flow. To ensure this, we provide our employees with an extensive onboarding program, access to Flow Academy, the best working environment, the latest technology and continuous support. We go out of our way to retain the small business feeling with which we started and stimulate innovation and collaboration through teamwork and our non-hierarchical approach. We offer a competitive salary, an annual discretionary profit share and other fantastic perks and benefits, such as:
- Flow Academy for continuous learning and opportunities to attend domain-related conferences
- Our own company boat
- In-house gym and sessions with our nutritionist or personal trainer
- In-house Bar and Lounge with an arcade, table tennis, billiards table and game consoles
- Daily catered lunch, amazing coffee and a fully stocked kitchen and snack bar
- Weekly chair massages
- Annual company trip and a variety of events throughout the year
- Global rotations between our offices worldwide
- and more!
Flow Traders does not accept unsolicited resumes from any professional staffing or search firms. All resumes, and any other information identifying potential candidates, submitted to any employee at Flow Traders via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid and signed search agreement will be deemed free to contact by Flow Traders without any restrictions and no placement fee of any kind will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Flow Traders.