Flow Traders is looking for a Quantitative Researcher to join our growing team in New York. The ideal candidate has an analytically-curious mind that seeks to contribute to a growing business venture and provide quantitative expertise. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading proprietary trading firm with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture at the heart of its business. We value quick-witted, creative minds and challenge them to make full use of their capacities.
The Fixed Income Quantitative Researcher will be dedicated to working on a small team focused on optimizing and scaling our fixed income programmatic trading business. Please note that due to COVID, we are currently operating with a reduced physical presence in the office. This position is required to be physically present in the New York City office for at least 3 days per week for increased collaboration with Traders.
What You Will Do
- Work closely with our Fixed Income Traders to interpret valuations and develop next generation models and analytics
- Use a rigorous scientific method to help develop and continuously optimize our sophisticated investment models and shape our insights into how the markets will behave
- Apply quantitative techniques like machine learning to a vast array of datasets
- Create and test complex investment ideas and partner with our traders and engineers to test your theories
- Support research and statistical analyses about securities and commodities
- Coordinate frequently with various stakeholders from the Trading, Development and Business Development teams to discuss the continuous advancement of our Fixed Income programmatic trading business
What You Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or other relevant STEM field
- Minimum of two years of experience working in a trading environment
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to easily manipulate large datasets
- Strong mathematical and statistical modeling skills
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Python, Matlab, R
- Familiarity with Java and C/C++ is a plus, but not required
- Logical, independent thinker who takes a creative approach to data analysis
- Structured communicator with ability to translate ideas and theories into action
- An ambitious and intellectually curious mentality
- Fluency in English
- Submit your resume and motivational cover letter
- Complete our logical reasoning assessment
- Meet our Fixed Income Traders
- Final round interview with the Head of Trading
*Please note that the recruitment process will take place virtually.
We like to think that talent grows at Flow and stays at Flow. To ensure this, we provide our employees with an extensive onboarding program, access to Flow Academy, the best working environment, the latest technology and continuous support. We go out of our way to retain the small business feeling with which we started and stimulate innovation and collaboration through teamwork and our non-hierarchical approach. We offer competitive salary, annual discretionary bonus and other fantastic perks and benefits, such as:
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance coverage
- 401k plan with generous match
- In-house lounge with a bar, game consoles, poker & billiards tables
- Daily catered lunch, cold brew coffee on tap and a fully stocked kitchen
- Weekly table massages and bi-weekly haircuts
- Annual company trip and a variety of events throughout the year
- Reimbursed gym membership or home equipment and other wellness initiatives
- Global rotations between our offices worldwide
- Flow Academy for continuous learning and opportunities to attend industry seminars and conferences
- and more!
Flow Traders does not accept unsolicited resumes from any professional staffing or search firms. All resumes, and any other information identifying potential candidates, submitted to any employee at Flow Traders via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid and signed search agreement will be deemed free to contact by Flow Traders without any restrictions and no placement fee of any kind will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Flow Traders.