How You Can Make An Impact
Our Jr. Traders work in a concerted effort with other team members and have first-line responsibility during Asian and European Hours to help meet team goals. The ideal candidate is currently working at a proprietary trading firm and looking for a position with more autonomy and the opportunity to assist with the rapid growth of a profitable trading desk.
What You'll Need
- Support the trading desk from 7:00 pm to 6:00 am for six months to a year, with the intent to transition to an Asian Hours shift (3:00 pm to 12:00 pm)
- Managing positions and capitalize on trading opportunities
- Monitor and troubleshoot our proprietary software and trading infrastructure
- Use systematic and analytical skills to anticipate problems and proactively formulate solutions
- Analyze trading performance and financial time series data with fundamental statistical theories
- Manage risk and utilize detailed knowledge of all risk procedures
- Work closely with Traders, Quants, and Developers on projects and other ad hoc requests
Who We Are
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics, or a STEM-related field of study
- 2+ years as a Junior Trader at a proprietary trading firm, hedge fund, or other financial services firm
- Demonstrated success in competitive environments (i.e. poker, chess, athletics, etc.)
- Working knowledge of game theory, options theory, and derivatives products
- A calculated risk-taker with experience monetizing opportunities in financial markets
- Demonstrated experience writing and implementing statistical ideas in Python, R, C++, Q (kdb)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work well in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
Geneva Trading LLC is a global proprietary trading firm founded in 1999 with offices in Chicago and Dublin. Our dedication to the improvement and optimization of our best-in-class proprietary technology allows our firm to compete on all levels in the global trading industry. We pride ourselves on a collaborative culture of integrity, trust, passion, and dedication to personal excellence. Our flat organizational structure and casual environment attracts individuals with the drive to innovate and has led to our consistent success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.