Quant Platform DevOps Engineer
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
In this role, you will focus on automating the testing, releasing, and running of simulations core to the company. You will play a crucial role in delivering business output and supporting key stakeholders.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will:
- Work closely with researchers, developers and engineers to oversee the deployment of new ideas to the production environment
- Gather, analyse, and run to completion stakeholder requests, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of deliverables
- Monitor and make most efficient use of our grid compute platform, which is used for running various financial simulations
- Make significant process improvements and create methodical ideas around using new technologies to improve our release and support pipelines
- Write new and maintain existing tooling written by the team
The role provides the freedom to explore and present new solutions to our key areas, all while constantly ensuring crucial business operations are maintained.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an intelligent, capable and hands-on engineer who has relevant experience in either software engineering, infrastructure, automation, or an application support role
- Demonstrate capabilities in at least one high level language (e.g. Python/Java/C#) and one scripting language
- Have a strong eye for process improvement and a proven record of accomplishment in automation
- Be able to understand complex systems quickly and to improve processes proactively
- Be capable of handling multiple stakeholders, have excellent multitasking skills, and be able to prioritise competing workloads
- Have strong communication skills
The following would be beneficial but not essential:
- Previous experience of process automation, service operations monitoring, CI/CD, grid computing and Kubernetes deployment
- Experience or interest in finance
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.