Data is at the core of everything we do here at HRT. We excel at deriving deep insights from all types of data, allowing us to achieve consistent success in a competitive market. As we think about exciting new avenues for growth, we look forward to simultaneously expanding the scope of data at HRT to new frontiers.
The Data Analyst will provide operational support for the provision of data services across HRT, which includes alternative, market, reference, and financial data. With a focus on ensuring the quality and reliability of data, this person will be providing maintenance of our data inventory - which utilizes multiple internal and external sources. This includes providing oversight of data pipelines, responding to operational inquiries from internal customers, and managing issues through resolution. Data is crucial to our success and you will be deeply involved in helping us make sure our data is world class.
- Partner with internal business users (i.e. Algo, Business Development, Middle Office) on their operational data questions and help them find the information they need
- Triage and resolve data issues from identification to resolution — investigate the cause (whether an error lies within our system or with a vendor), find a short-term solution, and routinely follow-up to ensure consistency
- Perform data reconciliations, validation, and quality checks to ensure we are monitoring and resolving any internal data inconsistencies
- Collaborate with engineers to conduct data exploration to qualify vendor data and generate key descriptives statistics and metadata
- Supervise the delivery of financial data feeds from various third-party vendors and HRT’s own proprietary data
- Manage vendor relationships, monitor SLAs, and track data exceptions
- Identify and develop new processes within the data request process to potentially enrich data
- Strong working knowledge of Python
- Comfortable with the Linux command line
- SQL and experience with Refinitiv and S&P SQL databases are a plus
- Ability to navigate multiple requests from different customers
- Track record of being detail-oriented (you love when everything lines up!)
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- You have a minimum of 2-4 years of experience wrangling data
- Bachelor’s degree in data analytics or a related field
- Familiarity working with financial data feeds and vendors is a plus (i.e. Bloomberg)
- You enjoy problem solving and researching large datasets to resolve complex issues
- Being a self-starter is part of your DNA
- You thrive when collaborating with people who motivate you and make you better
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we welcome a variety of expertise: mathematics and computer science, physics and engineering, media and tech. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automation in every part of our organization—from trading, to business operations, to recruiting and beyond. We value openness and transparency, and celebrate great ideas from HRT veterans and new hires alike. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues – whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Feel like you belong at HRT? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.