Hudson River Trading (HRT) is looking for a hands-on Senior macOS Endpoint Engineer to partner with our global End User Engineering team. By understanding the fundamentals of our technology stack and how it impacts our business, the Senior macOS Endpoint Engineer will be a subject-matter expert for a team of technicians supporting end users across the Firm. We’ll rely on you to keep the day-to-day running smoothly with awesome macOS endpoint management skills and design solutions. You will have the opportunity to deliver highly visible and impactful solutions, assist in improving HRT’s macOS endpoint uptime and productivity, and participate in a dynamic, changing industry at a growing Firm.
- You’ll be part of a world-class team working to solve HRT-specific macOS issues in our complex and highly technical environment.
- Hands on troubleshooting and solving day-to-day issues. You’ll be the escalation point for macOS-engineering, security, and deployment-related issues across HRT.
- Investigate why issues happen and provide long-term solutions to prevent them from happening again, and clear documentation in case they do!
- Research, test, and implement best practices for our technical stack and processes, as well as educating end-users, both technical and non-technical, on best practices.
- A can-do, help anyone, team-based attitude.
- You have deep knowledge and experience with macOS.
- A mindset fixated on automating all things. It bothers you that a Mac needs to be touched to be deployed, even with complex configurations.
- Experience administering and troubleshooting virtual hosts and environments for testing macOS releases, with an understanding of network and server systems.
- Prior experience in a Desktop Support/Help Desk role is required.
- Experience planning, deploying, and administering Mobile Device Management/Unified Endpoint Management systems.
- Scripting proficiency in Python, PowerShell is a plus.
- A deep understanding of the usual OSs and endpoints - how to provision, deploy, and maintain them; what protects them; and the software that runs on them, including Linux and Windows.
- Experience working with collaboration tools, conferencing systems, remote IT tools, and ticketing systems is crucial.
- Ability to speak in technical and non-technical jargon, and translate both into comprehendible documentation and requirements company-wide.
- Ability to empathize with the end-user and craft solutions to help them swiftly while under pressure.
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we welcome a variety of expertise: mathematics and computer science, physics and engineering, media and tech. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automation in every part of our organization—from trading, to business operations, to recruiting and beyond. We value openness and transparency, and celebrate great ideas from HRT veterans and new hires alike. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues – whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Feel like you belong at HRT? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.