We are currently accepting applications for Summer 2022 internships, and we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis in Spring 2022!
Hudson River Trading is seeking exceptional full-time students across all degree levels to join our Algorithm Trader Summer Internship program.
Algo Traders are responsible for managing trading strategies in real time and responding to different market signals as needed. This role includes components of monitoring and maintaining our robust trading system and strategies, learning to optimize the firm’s trading, as well as participating in risk and trade reconciliations. As an Intern, you will also have the opportunity to work in close collaboration with Algo Developers and Core Developers to research and develop novel trading strategies similar to the types of problems you would work on in a full-time role. During this 11-week internship, you will get exposure to different asset classes and trading frequencies.
We are looking for detail-oriented and practically-minded students who want to find systematic solutions and enjoy an open, collaborative environment.
What to Expect
- A fast-paced summer training program to give you an introduction to the quantitative trading industry. You will have the opportunity to get exposure to multiple frequencies of trading among a variety of asset classes.
- Work on real projects in close collaboration with experienced researchers, traders, and developers.
- Build an understanding of the various risks encountered daily within the markets and strategies we participate in.
- Conduct statistical analysis using basic Python libraries, deriving practical insights to optimize risk allocations around different market signals and gathering unstructured data to analyze for potential alpha opportunities.
- Participate in seminars that will give you an overview of markets and HRT’s trading philosophy.
- Enjoy a curriculum of talks, trading games, mentorships, and social events throughout the summer.
- You are a full-time undergraduate or masters student in a quantitative discipline (e.g. finance, economics, applied math, statistics,or a related program)
- You will be graduating and looking for full-time roles in 2023
- You are capable of working independently as well as part of a team
- You are interested in financial markets
- You learn quickly and apply new skills effectively
- You prioritize and you are proactive
- You enjoy watching the markets in real-time
- Willing to work with unstructured data
- Working knowledge of Excel (Tables, Pivot Tables, V-lookups, etc.)
- While not necessary, basic experience with Python and Pandas is ideal
- Exceptional attention to detail and desire to understand issues deeply
- Outstanding work ethic and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we welcome a variety of expertise: mathematics and computer science, physics and engineering, media and tech. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automation in every part of our organization—from trading, to business operations, to recruiting and beyond. We value openness and transparency, and celebrate great ideas from HRT veterans and new hires alike. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues – whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Feel like you belong at HRT? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.