Hudson River Trading is seeking an experienced trader to join our mid-frequency systematic research arm, focused specifically on building out our exciting global fixed income strategy. Our team is global, but this role will reside in our New York or Singapore office. Responsibilities of this role will include trade execution, collaboration with quantitative research/technology teams to implement strategies/tools, primary interaction with counterparties, and more.
- Trade execution via voice & ECN/automation (global rates products)
- Risk review (trade entry, DV01, allocations, PNL tracking, portfolio risk checks)
- Daily communication on markets (flows, technicals, issues, strategy feedback)
- Collaboration with Quantitative Research team to provide real-time feedback for model optimization (challenge model assumptions, update transaction cost assumptions, evaluate trade suggestions, and identify model bias)
- Collaboration with Systems Technology team to build the systems that will make the Rates team most efficient
- Evaluation, interaction, and optimization of all e-trading platforms
- Building relationships with dealers, processing and communicating important information to team
- Comprehension of the trading process
- Understanding of global fixed income market structure and products (e.g. interest rate swaps, sovereign bonds and repo, inflation swaps, bond futures, swaptions, cross-currency basis)
- Experience building strong counterparty relationships
- Ability to evaluate market technicals
- Proficiency in Excel/Google Docs
- Familiarity with trading platform interfaces (Tradeweb, Bloomberg)
- Working understanding of fixed income models (e.g. swap curve construction and cash flow math, bond math, SABR)
- Programming language is a plus (Python, C++, SQL, and R)
- You possess a bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 2 years trading experience in global fixed income products on the buy-side
- Experience with large trade sizes and trade counts
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Exceptional attention to detail and drive to understand complex issues
- Understanding of portfolio financing
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we welcome a variety of expertise: mathematics and computer science, physics and engineering, media and tech. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automation in every part of our organization—from trading, to business operations, to recruiting and beyond. We value openness and transparency, and celebrate great ideas from HRT veterans and new hires alike. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues – whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Feel like you belong at HRT? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.