The Paralegal role at Jump provides support for a rapidly growing company with diverse businesses including trading, blockchain development, venture capital, telecommunications, order execution, and more. You will work with our global paralegal team on managing Jump’s complex corporate governance structure, onboarding counterparties and fulfilling “KYC” requests, and assisting on the wide range of projects tackled by Jump’s 15+ person legal team. No two days at Jump are ever the same, creating an intellectually stimulating, exciting, and fast-paced environment where personal growth is prioritized. To succeed in this rule you must be analytical and intellectually curious, careful and detail oriented, practical and resourceful, have sound judgment, take appropriate initiative, communicate clearly and succinctly, know when to escalate issues, and have excellent interpersonal skills to build relationships within and across offices and departments and with counterparties.
What You'll Do:
- Draft and maintain corporate governance records for legal entities across multiple domestic and foreign jurisdictions.
- Prepare and maintain board resolutions and management meeting minutes.
- Create and update minute books reflecting corporate entity formation details and activities.
- Research and track general corporate governance law/regulatory updates.
- Complete annual filings in various domestic and foreign jurisdictions.
- Respond to ad-hoc and KYC and due diligence requests for trading counterparties and conduct related reviews.
- Organize, prepare, and review trading and counterparty onboarding documentation.
- Maintain well organized records within the firm’s contract management system.
- Maintain and complete legal forms with particular attention to accuracy.
- Manage the assignment and completion of tasks for various cross-department projects involving Legal and Compliance.
- Send and review various types of contracts, including vendor agreements and confidentiality agreements.
- Monitor several e-mail inboxes and respond to certain legal and/or regulatory requests.
- Other duties as assigned or needed
Skills You’ll Need:
- At least four years of experience as a paralegal, preferably at a company with a complex corporate entity structure.
- Experience in the financial sector and/or with KYC requests a strong plus.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple requests and projects simultaneously.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to independently resolve issues as they arise.
- Ability to action items quickly in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to ‘issue spot’ problems with forms, contracts, policies, and other documents.
- Excellent organization skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departments and remote offices.
- Advanced computer skills, including experience with Microsoft products and document management systems.
- Notary Public a plus.
- Reliable and predictable availability
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid vacation plus paid holidays
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness Programs