Jump Trading Group provides the opportunity to innovate with and counsel business partners on issues involving the latest financial, communications, and blockchain technologies. In this role, you will counsel business units on contracts and contract strategy, manage contract lifecycles, and work with Jump’s global legal team to improve our contract review processes.
No two days at Jump are ever the same, creating an intellectually stimulating, exciting, and fast-paced environment that enables you to take initiative to learn and develop your skills constantly, while being mentored by senior team members. You will have the opportunity to build strong relationships with business teams and provide guidance on a wide range of legal issues.
You will need to have strong attention to detail, be intellectually curious and resourceful, know when to escalate issues, and have excellent interpersonal skills to build relationships across offices and departments. You also must be able to communicate clearly, both in writing and orally, to global team members, department heads, senior management, and external parties.
What You'll Do:
- Effectively review and negotiate a wide range of commercial contracts, including technology contracts, IT/software licensing agreements, leases, trading-related agreements, and other vendor agreements.
- Counsel business units—such as our technology and business development teams—on contract strategy, including explaining contractual risks and obligations while suggesting strategies and alternatives.
- Proactively manage contract lifecycles, including collaborating with a wide range of business units on contract renewals, renegotiations, and terminations.
- Improve contract review processes to allow for increased consistency, accuracy, and efficiency throughout the legal department for contract review.
- Maintain open and consistent communication with business units to provide guidance on legal issues as they arise.
- Follow new developments in the law and industry in order to provide updates and training to various business units.
- Assist on internal legal department projects and initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned or needed
Skills You’ll Need:
- At least 2 years of relevant legal experience, preferably at a law firm, with a focus on drafting, negotiating and reviewing commercial contracts, but people with litigation backgrounds are also welcome to apply.
- Experience drafting and negotiating licenses and other technology contracts is preferred.
- Knowledge of market data agreements; telecommunications services agreements; or real estate, data center, or wireless infrastructure-related lease agreements is a plus.
- Strong legal research and writing skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new subjects and business areas quickly.
- Aptitude for easily explaining complex legal issues to business partners.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in fast-paced environment and exercise sound commercial and legal judgment.
- Interest in financial markets and technology.
- Reliable and predictable availability
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid vacation plus paid holidays
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness Programs