Software Engineer Internship (Singapore)
*Candidates should be interested in working in Singapore for their full-time job after graduation.
About the Role:
Our software engineering internship is an intensive 10-week experience within our core development team that designs, codes, tests, and maintains our distributed trading system.
You will learn the fundamentals of a large-scale, high-performance infrastructure; sharpen your C++ programming skills; and see what it’s like to work as a full-time software engineer at Jump. Throughout your internship you will take on projects targeted for production, which go through our full-cycle process for development, testing, and release using Agile methodologies. May include other duties as assigned or needed.
You will be working side by side with our experienced software engineers and you’ll receive ongoing feedback and coaching from a dedicated mentor throughout the summer.
Our internship program is the primary way we identify top young software engineers for our core development team, and it’s a proven path for earning full-time opportunities at Jump.
- Experience with C++ programming on Linux preferred
- Strong understanding of data structures and threading models
- Ability to work with a team in a fast-paced environment, deploying new software daily
- Passion for solving complex problems and learning to build optimal solutions from scratch, instead of simply assembling things from existing libraries
- Interest in using knowledge from several areas -- such as hardware, networking, OS design -- to produce extremely high-performance software
- Reliable and predictable availability
* No finance or economics study or work experience required
Also helpful, but not required:
- Past internship or job experience in a software development role is a plus
- Advanced coursework in algorithms, network programming, operating systems, compilers