Optiver are looking for a highly energetic and enthusiastic Technology Recruiter to help the expansion of our Technology teams, work collaboratively to source best-class-technology talent and be a brand ambassador for the firm. As a Tech Recruiter, attracting the highest quality of talent will be your main focus. There is no standard profile for the perfect Optiver engineer and whilst we operate in a high-performance culture where technical ability is key, strong people skills are essential in order to contribute successfully in our highly collaborative and integrated setup. You will be required to seek out talent wherever it may be, to work in unison with our internal teams as well as external partners, manage the talent pipeline and ensure we maintain an exceptional delivery of candidate experience. A creative approach to sourcing and the wider recruitment strategy is central to the role, as is the ability to work alongside senior stakeholders in the business, to understand their needs and help with the delivery of talent for their groups.
Who we are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Our Amsterdam office is where it all began. Over 35 years ago, Optiver’s business started with a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Stock Exchange. Since our 1986 founding, Optiver’s Amsterdam office has grown into one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe. Our culture reflects the Dutch capital city’s progressive, innovative and inclusive nature. With its unique spirit, Amsterdam is the ideal hub for our teams to trade a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
What you'll do
Our industry is exceptionally competitive, it is crucial that we hire engineers and developers at the very top of the market. Recruitment is a top priority for the hiring managers that you will work with. They understand the difficulty associated with acquiring global talent and will work closely with you in reaching our hiring goals by making recommendations and continuously looking to seek out process improvements; there is a real strategic involvement from everyone. Optiver works with a continual development and improvement mindset and we invest heavily in our workforce.
At Optiver, no two days are the same. You are responsible for the end-to-end recruitment cycle of our candidates; from sourcing across different channels to finding out what makes candidate’s ‘tick’, creating, negotiating and delivering offers all the way through to greeting them on their first day. Have a great idea? You will have the freedom and resources to make it happen – this is your opportunity to operate with a great deal of autonomy, make a real impact to our business and deliver on the most important aspect that is key to the success of Optiver, our people.
- Independently strategise your own sourcing approaches to engage talent;
- Attract tier-one technology talent through the development of your own networks and manage the delivery of our brand to the market;
- Screen and Interview incoming applicants and manage their experience throughout the process;
- Develop strong relationships with senior stakeholder and internal functions as well as partner with our external agencies;
- Create and optimise the recruitment process from end to end and continuously look to enhance our sourcing approaches as well as the approaches of our external partnerships;
- Contribute to the delivery of information to our internal teams in relation to the markets we source from and improve the wider understanding of the markets we look to acquire talent from;
- Collaborate with internal marketing and communications teams to ensure our positioning to potential employees and the market as a whole;
Who you are:
- University degree;
- 5+ years of recruitment experience within a technical domain;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (speaking Dutch is a plus);
- Independent and pro-active attitude with;
- An understanding of the importance of candidate experience and a desire to always ensure that our delivery of that is of the highest calibre;
- A pragmatic, result-oriented mindset with an interest in technology.
What you’ll get:
- The chance to start your career working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Our performance based bonus structure is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
Alongside this you will get great secondary benefits such as 25 paid vacation days, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages. Being highly international, we are accustomed to guiding expats through their relocation, offering competitive relocation packages and providing visa sponsorship where necessary.
How to apply:
Are you interested in furthering your career on one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe?
Apply directly via the form below for the position of Trading Recruiter. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact our Recruiter Will Surmeli via email@example.com.
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.