Who we are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 70+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Based in ‘The Domain’ neighborhood, Optiver’s Austin office serves as the firm’s innovation nucleus, with a strong focus on quantitative research, software and hardware engineering initiatives. With tech innovation an integral part of our core business, the booming city proved an ideal backdrop for our heavy investment into machine learning, research infrastructure and big data computing. What’s more, with world-class music, food and art scenes, as well as countless scenic outdoor activities, the quality of life for Austin Optiverians is second to none.
What you’ll do:
Get ready for ten weeks immersed in the fast-paced, dynamic world of market making. As a Quantitative Trader Intern, you’ll spend the summer learning trading fundamentals, trading on simulated markets and completing projects in quantitative research, data science and financial modeling. Plus, you’ll be paired with an experienced trader to gain exposure to different trading desks and experience the financial markets firsthand.
Our internship is an expedited training program that’ll put you on the fast track to your career as a trader. Experience the thrill of tight feedback loops and working hand-in-hand with our full-time teams to explore life at a leading market maker. If you’re looking to work in a challenging environment and have a passion for solving complex problems, apply today to kick-start your future.
Who you are:
- Working towards a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD (Austin only) in a STEM field
- Sophomore or Junior standing with a graduation date of December 2023 to June 2025
- Superior quantitative and logical reasoning skills
- Interest in strategic games and/or competitive activities
- Experience programming or scripting a plus
What you’ll get:
- Highly-competitive internship compensation package
- Optiver-covered flights, living accommodations and commuting stipends (where applicable)
- Various office perks, including breakfast, lunch, and snacks
- Social events, clubs and much more!
*We accept one application per role per year. If you have previously applied to this position during this season and have been unsuccessful, you can reapply once the next recruitment season begins in 2023.