WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Since its establishment in 2012, our Shanghai office is a rapidly growing participant in the Chinese markets, trading exchange-listed futures, options and equities in China mainland. Our vision is to become the trusted partner in the development of Chinese financial markets. With the culture of a start-up but the backing of a 35 year-old trading firm, the Optiver Shanghai office is truly unique. Embodying the intersection of East-meets-West values, Optiver Shanghai is a true international experience. Everyone who joins us will help shape the future of our company and its global impact. Get ready: we are only just beginning.
WHAT YOU’LL WORK ON:
We have an agile and high-performing technical environment that encourages people to adopt new approaches and learn new technologies. We are now looking for a Senior Data Scientist who loves to solve both data scientific and technical problems. Your responsibilities included:
- You'll direct engineering efforts and build Python-based data analysis and visualization tools to monitor and optimise our low-latency trading strategies.
- You’ll work closely with our trading team to improve our trading results using insights driven by data.
- You will develop hypotheses and test them experimentally.
What you will need
- Excellent data analysis, scientific and critical thinking skills, as well as an eye for detail
- A decent level of Python development ability, experience with scientific Python stack (e.g. Pandas, Numpy and SciPy) is highly desirable
- A deep understanding of how computer systems work e.g. memory allocation, caches, system programming, networking would really help you add value
- Outstanding communication skills. You’re able to coordinate with multiple stakeholder groups, challenging thinking and obtaining buy-in.
- The ability to present complex ideas with data to expedite decision making
- A focus on pragmatic outcomes, and the ability to prioritize effectively
What you can expect from us
In return for you joining our elite team, you will be offered a competitive salary package as well as access to a plethora of Optiver-perks. To hear more about what it is like to work here and our great culture, apply now and take the first step towards the best career move you will ever make!
For any other inquiries, please email: email@example.com