An exciting opportunity now exists for a self-motivated, ambitious individual with around 1 to 4 years’ experience to join the Operational Risk team as the organisation continues to grow and the team’s involvement in all facets of the business expands.
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management. We provide liquidity to financial markets using our own capital, at our own risk, trading a wide range of products: listed derivatives, cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign currencies. Sydney is the hub of Optiver’s APAC operations and support trading activities in Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Singapore and China. Optiver is proud of its unique organisational culture, which is simultaneously low on formality and bureaucracy and highly focused on performance and innovation.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Operational Risk Management works with the business through all departments in order to strengthen their understanding and management of risk.
Reporting to Head of ORM, you will complement the team by:
- Supporting the continued embedding of the Control Framework across the APAC region by assisting ORM and other teams leads in the organisation to manage risk and assurance via the Control Framework.
- Assisting in the continued development of an overarching Risk and Control framework, improving the maturity of risk identification, escalation, assessment and remediation.
- Reporting and investigation of risk incidents, ensuring those beyond accepted risk appetite are sufficiently escalated and remediated in partnership with risk owners.
- Directly responsible for reporting Op risk related metrics, manage the integrity of the Control Framework and Policy Library.
- Collaborate within ORM and with senior stakeholders, ultimately promoting a challenging risk dialogue, driving a risk first culture.
- Contribute to the advisory capability and Optiver’s thought leadership with respect to risk management practices.
- Forge strong and effective relationships with your key stakeholders, while challenging the status quo.
WHO YOU ARE:
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-4 years of experience in ORM, audit or risk management.
- An ability to solve complex problems in a pragmatic and simple way with a strong focus on internal controls.
- Passionate about financial markets and risk management.
- Outstanding analytical skills, precision of thought.
- Articulate and confident, with strong attention to detail.
- Desire to uphold the highest standards, produce quality outputs and deliver excellent stakeholder impact.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills, presenting information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders while challenging the status quo.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to work alongside diverse, intelligent, and driven peers in a rewarding environment.
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast, lunch and an in-house barista
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
- A work-from-home allowance and support
- Guided relocation, a competitive relocation package and visa sponsorship where necessary.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.