WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilizing force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Since its establishment in 2012, our Shanghai office is a rapidly growing participant in the Chinese markets, trading exchange-listed futures, options and equities in China mainland. Our vision is to become the trusted partner in the development of Chinese financial markets. With the culture of a start-up but the backing of a 35-year-old trading firm, the Optiver Shanghai office is truly unique. Embodying the intersection of East-meets-West values, Optiver Shanghai is a true international experience. Everyone who joins us will help shape the future of our company and its global impact. Get ready: we are only just beginning.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
We look for a fundamental researcher who has expertise in the industrial markets.
- In charge of building fundamental knowledge base for Optiver
- Manage/talk to many other researchers in the same/different sectors, or due diligence visit
- At the beginning, work with trader to build quantitative models to translate fundamental knowledge into trading strategies
- Potential to turn to a full-time trader role
WHO YOU ARE:
- Solid understanding of life cycle of the sectors and track record of outstanding research outcome (preferred sectors: ferrous/agricultural/base metals)
- Proficient with supply & demand, price sensitivity of different factors (macros and fundamental)
- 5+ years in commodities fundamental research
- Physical/derivatives trading in commodities is a plus
- English speak is preferred (not a must)
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to work alongside best-in-class professionals
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Competitive compensation package, office breakfast, lunch, snacks etc.
- Sponsored gym membership, sports and leisure activities, plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Regular social events, clubs and Friday afternoon drinks
HOW TO APPLY:
If you’re interested in taking your career to one of the most exciting trading floors in China mainland, apply now via our website: www.optiver.com. While we love how bilingual our teams are, be sure to submit your resume in English.
We will carefully review your application against our recruitment criteria. If we think you could be a good fit, you’ll hear from us sooner than you might expect!
For any other inquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org