At Optiver, employee safety, comfort, and happiness is central to our mission. In support of these tenets, The Office Operations team is seeking a Facilities Coordinator to handle day-to-day upkeep of our 75,000 square foot office space in the loop. Our organized and process-driven team is focused on providing excellent hospitality to 300+ employees, and we’re looking for a tech-savvy and mechanically inclined individual who demonstrates a passion for elevating our level of service.
What you’ll do:
- Maintain Optiver’s Chicago office space in clean, safe, attractive condition. Assist Office Captain with ensuring smooth day-to-day operation
- Complete maintenance checklists and safety walkthroughs on schedule
- Respond to employee requests and concerns from a variety of channels in a timely manner
- Troubleshoot issues with office furniture and fixtures. Escalate to repair vendor when needed
- Keep a thorough record of tasks, processes, complaints, and recurring duties using Atlassian JIRA and Wiki
- Liaise with building engineers, janitorial staff, maintenance vendors and suppliers for facility-related services, filing work orders and following up on outstanding requests. Act as the day-to-day contact for building services.
- Facilitate seating for internal moves, long-term visitors, and new hires. Reset workstations after departures
- Support the Travel & Events coordinator by prepping common areas for events and meetings.
- Return common areas to normal setup post-event, including relocation of furniture
- Support catering operations by maintaining sanitary service areas and functional equipment
(may include warewashing, cleaning counters, daily closeout of food service, maintenance of catering equipment)
- Schedule and provide escort for onsite vendors, observing security policies and procedures
- Assist with monthly credit card and lease statement reconciliation
What you’ll need:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years in facilities, preference for facility experience in corporate settings with 300+ occupants
- Enthusiastic, customer service-oriented
- Proficiency with Outlook and confidence with Microsoft Suite required (specifically Excel)
- Familiarity with Atlassian products (Wiki, JIRA) and other ticketing systems (Angus, Workspeed) preferred. Ability to quickly learn and use new technology
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Physical requirements: standing, lifting 50 lbs, stooping, bending, reaching above your head, climbing step stool
Who we are:
Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilizing force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.