Are you looking for a team where you can make a real difference and contribute directly? Do you want to be surrounded by champions who want to succeed in everything they do? Do you enjoy living life to the fullest, while working with people you can laugh and play hard with? Do you think that laws and regulations should be business enablers and stimulators? Do you feel energized when challenged to enter unchartered territories? Then you could be just the one we’re looking for!
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Our Amsterdam office is where it all began. Over 35 years ago, Optiver’s business started with a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Stock Exchange. Since our 1986 founding, Optiver’s Amsterdam office has grown into one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe. Our culture reflects the Dutch capital city’s progressive, innovative and inclusive nature. With its unique spirit, Amsterdam is the ideal hub for our teams to trade a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
We aim to hire smart people so they can tell us what best to do. Your job within the Compliance Department is what you will make of it, but your tasks and responsibilities will at least include:
- Analysing and assessing the strategic risks and opportunities arising from the relevant developments in the market as well as regulatory framework in an accurate but pragmatic manner to enable business to grow in a controlled environment;
- Assessing the business risks for our trading operations in a thorough, sensible and compliant manner with integrity;
- Scope, design, and implementation of compliance monitoring activities;
- Analysing large sets of market and trade data to detect and evaluate unwanted trading patterns, and assess potential risks with appropriate mitigation and follow-up;
- Identify strategic deficiencies as well as major improvements on quality and effectiveness of our overall monitoring and surveillance framework and push these to be closed respectively implemented to mitigate the firm’s biggest risks and enabling growth;
- Find ways to develop and ensure our monitoring surveillance framework (policies, processes, tooling and staffing) is stable to support business while always thinking ahead about ways how we can enable further business growth through the combination of technology and an in-depth understanding of regulatory requirements;
- Advising on strategic projects and goals as well as contribute to the implementation process;
- Propose, structure and implement ways to improve the team’s internal control framework, transaction reporting, knowledge database and processes in a sustainable and intelligent manner that will bring us to the next level;
- Contribute or lead inquiries from regulators and exchanges to ensure the company’s interests;
- Supporting and materially contributing to the team’s development, supporting the juniors and improve the integration of the team;
- Build bridges with other functions for solid communication lines to improve collaboration and bring Optiver to the next level.
- Acting as sparring partner for the CCO, the MT and other internal stakeholders to make Optiver even better
WHO YOU ARE:
- A keen interest in financial markets, trading and technology;
- Experience with compliance monitoring through 4+ years of relevant working experience, including scoping, design and implementation of compliance monitoring activities.
- In-depth knowledge and proven track record on: MiFID/MiFIR, MAR, SSR, SFTR, EMIR and preferably also IFD/IFR, CSDR and AML through 4+ years of relevant working experience;
- A major plus would be solid knowledge and experience on SEC/CFTC regulations, Reg SHO and FINRA rules;
- Experience working at or with exchanges and regulators would be a big plus;
- A strong affinity for technology and data handling;
- An analytical and investigative mind with a good eye for detail but never forgetting the bigger picture;
- A pro-active, assertive and results-driven attitude;
- Strong sense of integrity and the ability to balance business interests with the need to exercise independent judgment;
- Master(s) in Finance, Economics, Law or other relevant academic studies;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are required and other languages are always welcome;
- Team player with sense of humour and a positive attitude in life.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to start your career working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Our performance based bonus structure is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
Alongside this you will get great secondary benefits such as 25 paid vacation days, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages. Being highly international, we are accustomed to guiding expats through their relocation, offering competitive relocation packages and providing visa sponsorship where necessary.
HOW TO APPLY
Are you interested in furthering your career on one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe?
Apply directly via the form below for the position of Senior Compliance Surveillance Officer. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact our Recruiter Jolijn Kruyne via email@example.com. Please note, we cannot accept applications via email for data protection reasons.
Please note, if you are selected from your application to proceed to the next round for the position of Senior Compliance Surveillance Officer, you may be required to take an online assessment.
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.