Apex Fintech Solutions (AFS) powers innovation and the future of digital wealth management by processing millions of transactions daily, to simplify, automate, and facilitate access to financial markets for all. Our robust suite of fintech solutions enables us to support clients such as Stash, Betterment, SoFi, and WeBull, and more than 20 million of our clients' customers.
Collectively, AFS creates an environment in which companies with the biggest ideas in fintech are empowered to change the world. We are based in Dallas, TX and also have offices in Austin, New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Portland, and Belfast.
If you are seeking a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment where you'll have the opportunity to make an immediate impact, and you have the guts to change everything, this is the place for you.
AFS has received a number of prestigious industry awards, including:
- 2021, 2020, 2019, and 2018 Best Wealth Management Company - presented by Fintech Breakthrough Awards
- 2021 Most Innovative Companies - presented by Fast Company
- 2021 Best API & Best Trading Technology - presented by Global Fintech Awards
This is an incredible opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to join Apex's Engineering team. As senior software engineer you will work closely with other engineers, tech leads, product managers, and architects to build the next generation version of Apex Securities Lending system. The Software Engineer will be an integral part of our team supporting the technology organization in a transformation toward a highly scalable and resilient system. In this role you will be responsible for designing and developing a full stack solution in modernizing the securities lending application.
We're looking for someone who:
- Is experienced and introspective. You have extensive experience developing software products and services across a variety of tools, frameworks, and environments. You recognize your skillset and also know when to reach out for help
- Is passionate. You have a genuine passion for solving interesting technology problems with creative and simple solutions.
- Is pragmatic. You'd rather deliver a 40% solution in 2 weeks than an 80% solution in six
- Is collaborative. You're excited to work with fellow engineers, but also know how to partner across departments to get things done
- Wants to make an impact. You're looking to do amazing work. You're all about using technology to improve the customer experience and affect the company's bottom line, but also want to mentor and coach those within your team
What you will do all day:
- Lead the system design and architecture discussions for securities lending products
- Own the end-to-end development of new features/tools including design, documentation, implementation, and testing of securities lending applications in GCP
- Manage project priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical expertise.
- Mentor the team on design techniques and coding standards.
- Build resilient, self-scaling, self-healing services that allow you to sleep through the night.
- Support the production systems on prem (legacy) and GCP which includes build, deployment (CI/CD), and monitoring (Grafana, Prometheus, PagerDuty).
- Deliver high quality code by following coding standards, performing code reviews and ensuring test coverage at all levels.
- Identify risks, perform risk analysis, effectively manage risks; proactively raise prioritization and scheduling tradeoff decisions, escalating and identifying alternate options as appropriate; Follow defined Risk Management processes
- Collaborate with engineers and other teams to elevate technology, follow agile ceremonies and consistently apply best practices.
- Be a self-starter, capable of solving ambiguous and challenging technical problems with wide scope.
- Assess existing processes and identify opportunity for improvement
A few reasons why you might love us:
- We're a leader in the space. Apex is recognized for disrupting the financial services industry, enabling fintech standouts like Stash, Robinhood and Betterment. We've got an amazing track record of success and we foster ongoing innovation. So you get all the benefits of a proven, growing company, while enjoying a very entrepreneurial culture
- We see tech differently. You'll work with people who are leaders in the tech industry. We are passionate engineers dedicated to finding new and different ways to use technology to solve our customers' problems.
- Your work will have an immediate impact. You'll be able to see your direct impact on our tech department and with our clients. You won't be just another talented engineer chained to a desk slinging lines of code.
The skills you’ll need to succeed:
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field.
- 4-8 years of experience as a software developer designing and building scalable solutions with cloud platforms.
- Strong fundamentals of system architecture, object-oriented design, algorithm, and data structures.
- Proficient in at least one or more modern languages (Golang, Java, Python).
- Experience using and designing RESTful / GraphQL APIs
- Experience mentoring, leading and coaching other engineers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform / Amazon Web Services is required.
- Experience with Kubernetes and/or Docker is required.
- Experience with React.js preferred.
- Experience with Apache Kafka, AWS Kinesis, or Google Pub/Sub is a plus.
- Financial services background is a plus.
#engineering #associate #full-time