Where you fit
Distribution Operations play a key role in the Shell value chain and is a key enabler in the delivery of Shell’s fuel products to customers. Distribution Operations supplies retail sites, the aviation industry, governments, industry, and many others.
In this role, you will manage the billing of deliveries on all retail sites and oversee administration of road transport contracts pay-out & timelines for Trading and Supply. You will support the Secondary Transport Manager/Transport Compliance Coordinator/Transport Operations in drawing and managing road transport budget for T & S India, vendor contracts and all other administrative and analytical activities related to all transport contracts with the haulers.
What’s the role?
As Secondary Transport Administrator, you will manage road freight self-billing, actual toll claim, other cost related to Road transport payment for IN- road transport vendor as well as RT SLA recovery validation and MIS reports such as cost break up analysis and SBCI report.
Further roles and responsibilities are:
- Ensure regular engagements with Finance Department (T & S focal point) to ensure that accruals and payments are processed accurately, timely and in line with approved budgets.
- Verify and pay monthly claims made by haulers for Fixed Cost, ad-hoc costs related to road transport services. Ensure freight self-billing unit rates are captured as per RTCM, act as second barrier to prevent wrong pricing.
- Ensure timely creation or revision of ZSPO/ZSTPO and manage In-Road transport vendor timely payment and statutory promulgated adjustments e.g., Fuel/RTCM. (All IN07 Vendor payment related activities).
- Handle billing process for special services which are not managed by the freight-self-billing process and ensure timely and accurate payment.
- Calculate and process monthly accruals for Road Transport costs and ensure that monthly fixed and variable costs paid to haulers do not exceed purchase orders generated by CP team.
- Advise CP team on contracts value changes to ensure accurate generation of purchase orders in the system.
- Serve as a focal point / custodian for the Freight- Self Billing system.
- Support procurement for creating transport contracts and purchase orders.
- Perform onboarding, guidance to end-users and conduct testing to a high standard to support the process change activities for area responsibility.
- Support new equipment injection in the existing contracts.
- Monitor and control in close co-operation with scheduling department for all relevant interfaces.
- Run reports to check data integrity to ensure details are correct and act when required.
- Clarify inconsistencies of credit notes with haulers.
- Support the Secondary Transport Manager/Transport Compliance Coordinator/Transport Operations when doing new business costing for COBs.
What we need from you
- Preferably bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Engineering or Finance.
- At least 3 years of solid experience in transport handling, invoicing and reconciliation.
- Willingness to be assigned in Bangalore and travel occasionally.
- Proficiency in SAP application and Excel.
- With good business commercial acumen.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.