- 4 week Internship based at Tibra's Austinmer Office (NSW, Australia) or remote within Australia
- Date: 3rd - 31st January 2023
- Open to candidates based in Australia only
- Must be a penultimate or final year student (graduating in 2022 or mid 2023) or have recently graduated
- Intermediate level programming skills in either Python or C++ mandatory
- Competitive remuneration & attractive benefits on offer
About the Role:
This role presents an excellent opportunity for penultimate and final year university students to get exposure to real world derivative pricing and quantitative finance methods.
You will be required to explore and research financial market micro structures, design and implement an algorithmic trading strategy, and backtest the performance of your strategy in a variety of market conditions. Your coding skills will be key in designing and building the system and tools necessary for you to be successful.
- Design and implementation algorithmic trading strategies
- Analysis of large volumes of real-world financial and price information
- Backtesting and Optimization of algorithms
- Debugging and maintaining our code base
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Studying towards a degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, Data Science or similar
- Essential: Computer Science Fundamentals - data structures, algorithms and operating systems
- Programming experience (C++, Python or similar)
- Basic knowledge of options pricing theory, quantitative models and probability theory
- Be a reliable quick thinker who can work under pressure
Your Application must include:
- Resume (include expected University graduation dates)
- University academic transcript including current WAM/GPA (can be noted on resume)
- Residency status (can be noted on resume) must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Applications close 31 August 2022
As part of this application I understand that I will have 2 weeks to complete a series of aptitude and computer programming tests which will be issued in early September 2022 once applications close. I understand that these results may be used to assess future applications as well.