Tower Research Capital, a high-frequency proprietary trading firm founded in 1998, seeks a Quantitative Trader Intern to join our team. Founded in 1998, Tower Research Capital LLC is a leader in the thriving field of quantitative trading. Working at Tower means collaborating with bright minds from around the world to create cutting edge-technology and tackle challenging technical problems. We’re engineers and pioneers who use scientific principles to identify market opportunities and who think Mondays look better in jeans and a t-shirt than in a suit and tie.
Our traders execute lightning-fast algorithmic strategies based on patterns in market behavior in over 150 markets worldwide. As a Quantitative Trader Intern, you’ll draw upon your computer science, mathematical, and analytical abilities to develop complex and nimble code used to grow our business and increase the efficiency of the global financial markets.
Your responsibilities may include any of the following, which will require you to exercise discretion and independent judgment:
- Designing, implementing, and deploying high-frequency trading algorithms
- Working with a dedicated mentor to research and enhance existing trading strategies
- Exploring trading ideas by analyzing market data and market microstructure for patterns
- Creating tools to analyze data for patterns
- Contributing to libraries of analytical computations to support market data analysis and trading
- Developing, augmenting, and calibrating exchange simulators
Who you are:
You are talented, driven, and hungry for a challenge. You believe that there’s no limit to what we can accomplish together in a creative, collaborative setting which pairs passion with brilliance. If you refuse to settle for a career that offers anything less, we want to meet you!
- Availability for 6 months during the spring or fall quarter
- PhD students preferred
- Majoring in mathematics, statistics, physics, electrical engineering, computer science, economics, or related fields
- A strong background in C++, R, Python, or an object-oriented programming language
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- A passion for new technologies and ideas
- The ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with machine learning (a plus)
Financial experience is not required, but interest in financial markets is a plus.
Why you should join our team:
Tower’s headquarters and garden roofdecks are located in TriBeCa and SoHo, neighborhoods in downtown Manhattan. While we work hard, Tower’s cubicle-free workplace, jeans-clad workforce, and well-stocked kitchens reflect the premium the firm places on quality of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive compensation package
- Housing accommodation
- Free breakfast, lunch, and snacks on a daily basis
- Exciting networking and social events (past events include Broadway shows, Escape Rooms, cooking classes)
- Opportunities to learn from senior management across the firm
- Mentors from your alma mater and other top institutions
Tower Research Capital is an equal opportunity employer.