Tower Research Capital Europe, a proprietary trading firm founded in 1998, seeks candidates to join Tower’s Legal & Compliance department in London. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, responsive and enthusiastic, have strong attention to detail, and a motivating sense of responsibility. This is an excellent opportunity to join a Legal & Compliance department at a leading and growing trading firm, with great career development opportunities for the right candidate.
The role will be based in our London office and will report to Tower Research’s European Head of Compliance. The successful candidate will take ownership and assist with a variety of tasks, including:
- Providing ongoing compliance advice to Tower Research’s trading teams and reviewing new product requests.
- Monitoring of regulatory developments and succinctly communicating risks/opportunities to relevant groups in the firm.
- Representing Tower Research at industry groups.
- Developing and maintaining compliance policies and procedures; preparing and providing training for Tower personnel.
- Reviewing of escalated alerting from the firm’s central surveillance function, handling regulatory inquiries and assisting with reporting requirements.
- Leading compliance initiatives and collaborating on strategic projects, including implementation of compliance programmes.
This position will be within a small group of Compliance officers and will offer exposure to all areas of Tower Research’s business. It therefore will suit someone who is keen to learn (we will provide as much training as needed), and who ideally brings some of the following experience:
- Working knowledge of (and interest to learn more about) electronic trading.
- Understanding of European market structure.
- Good knowledge of European financial markets rules and regulations.
- Good knowledge of European trading venue market rules and processes.
- Good knowledge of trade surveillance.
In addition to some/all of the above experience we are looking for, candidates must have:
- The ability to work independently and the judgment to involve others when needed.
- The ability and willingness to take initiative, collaborate with a team, “roll up sleeves” and take ownership of issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail.
- 7+ years relevant compliance experience.
- Competitive salary
- Free breakfast, lunch, and snacks on a daily basis
- 25 days of paid holiday per year plus bank and public holidays
- Pension, medical and dental, group life and income protection schemes
- Gym membership.
- Free events and workshops
- Donation matching program