Tower Research Capital, a high-frequency proprietary trading firm founded in 1998, seeks a Senior Security Engineer to join our Information Security team.
The position calls for using a diverse set of technical and security skills with the ability to quickly adapt to and learn unfamiliar technologies within a regulated financial environment.
- Collaborate with engineers to develop secure services with a focus on cryptocurrency.
- Develop/implement automated systems to help spot known security exposures.
- Consult on discovered security flaws, how to exploit them, and how to remediate flaws.
- Conduct threat mapping with respect to competitors, state-sponsors and hacktivists.
- Conduct intelligence gathering including digital, social and physical aspects.
- Conduct attack simulation exercises on a periodic basis.
- Continuous assessment around the effectiveness of defense response.
- Demonstrate use of information and access by adversaries to stakeholders.
- Ensure adherence to appropriate standards, best practices, workplace policies and procedures.
- Work effectively as a team member, providing hands on support, maintaining communication and updating senior staff on progress.
- Participate in Incident Response procedures if/when required.
- Partciipate in Threat & Vulnerability Management program.
- Identify opportunities for automation to eliminate repetitive tasks(Python / Bash).
Skills and attributes for success
- Exposure to Unix/Linux environments a must with knowledge of commands & shell scripting a must.
- Strong understanding of the intelligence lifecycle and models including Cyber Kill Chain and MITRE ATT&CK framework.
- Experience in the cyber threat landscape, TTPs, threat actors and groups.
- Experience in threat actor and threat group profiling.
- Exposure and understanding of open source intelligence OSINT.
- Exposure and understanding of cyber threats in the financial sector.
- Exposure and understanding of underground criminal communities and dark web.
- Technical knowhow of malware reverse engineering.
- Visibility and presence in the threat intelligence community.
- Experience with SIEM technologies, threat hunting, monitoring and investigations.
- Excellent analytic and writing capabilities.
- Mentor and guide security analysts in cyber threat intelligence skills.
- Understand DeFi / Blockchain thoroughly.
- Ability to work with minimum guidance.
Experience and other requirements:
- At least 6 years of relevant experience, successfully delivering in an Enterprise environment.
- Bachelor/Masters of Engineering in Computer Science / Information Security / Cyber Security
- Network and security and tools, including IDS/IPS, NAC,DLP, VPN, firewall management and audit, endpoint, anti-malware, database audit and monitoring
- Strong experience with secure architecture design.
- Security expertise in one or more of: python, bash, C, C++, cryptography, reverse engineering, wireless networks, common web vulnerabilities (SQLi, XSS, CSRF), exploit development.
- Security applications utilized for logging, packet capture, email, directory services, web, authentication, remote access, and encryption.
- Database audit/security background is a strong plus.
- Cloud security deployment and controls.
- IT security technologies, policies, and procedures.
- Have passion to learn about evolving technologies.
- Self-starter with a can-do attitude capable of overcoming difficult challenges.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with the distributed team and stakeholders.
- Showcase good critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Ability to stay focused while working under pressure.
- Flexible to work in different time-zones, based on Business requirements.
- Conduct training and mentoring of team members.
Benefits for employees include:
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- 5 weeks of paid vacation per year
- Breakfast, lunch, and snacks on a daily basis
- International medical insurance
- Free gym or fitness membership
- Free events and workshops
- For Singapore employees ineligible to participate in the CPF, the cash equivalent of the employer’s CPF contribution
- Hybrid Work Schedule | Monday & Friday WFH
Tower Research Capital is an equal opportunity employer.