Tower Research Capital, a high-frequency proprietary trading firm founded in 1998, seeks a Quantitative Trader Intern to join our team. Founded in 1998, Tower Research Capital LLC is a leader in the thriving field of quantitative trading. Working at Tower means collaborating with bright minds from around the world to create cutting edge-technology and tackle challenging technical problems. We’re engineers and pioneers who use scientific principles to identify market opportunities and who think Mondays look better in jeans and a t-shirt than in a suit and tie.
Our traders execute lightning-fast algorithmic strategies based on patterns in market behavior in over 150 markets worldwide. As a Quantitative Trader Intern, you’ll draw on your knowledge of mathematics, computer science and statistics to uncover patterns in vast amounts of financial data.
You can expect:
- A hands-on, quantitative research internship for three weeks in January 2023 (Tuesday, January 3 - Friday, January 20)
- Lunch and learn sessions with key leaders/stakeholders in the firm, including the CEO and Chief Investment Officer
- Close mentorship from senior traders and Portfolio Managers
- Collaborative projects, such as:
- Designing, implementing, and deploying high-frequency trading algorithms
- Exploring trading ideas by analyzing market data and market microstructure for patterns
- Creating tools to analyze data for patterns
- Contributing to libraries of analytical computations to support market data analysis and trading
- Developing, augmenting, and calibrating exchange simulators
Who you are:
You are talented, driven, and hungry for a challenge. You believe that there’s no limit to what we can accomplish together in a creative, collaborative setting which pairs passion with brilliance. If you refuse to settle for a career that offers anything less, we want to meet you!
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD student in mathematics, statistics, engineering, physics, or related fields
- Past experience in machine learning, statistical analysis, or teaching assistant experience is a plus
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming languages such as C++
- Interested in learning about the high-frequency trading space
- Passionate about new technologies and ideas
- A problem solver
- Strong communication skills
Why you should join our team:
Tower’s headquarters and garden roofdecks are located in TriBeCa and SoHo, neighborhoods in downtown Manhattan. While we work hard, Tower’s cubicle-free workplace, jeans-clad workforce, and well-stocked kitchens reflect the premium the firm places on quality of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive compensation package
- Housing accommodation
- Free breakfast, lunch, and snacks on a daily basis
- Exciting networking and social events (past events include Broadway shows, Escape Rooms, cooking classes)
- Opportunities to learn from senior management across the firm
- Mentors from your alma mater and other top institutions
Tower Research Capital is an equal opportunity employer.