Tower Research Capital LLC, a high-frequency proprietary trading firm founded in 1998, seeks a skilled Infrastructure Engineer to join our Server Reliability Engineering division on the High Performance Computing team.
The SRE division manages engineering, deployment and operation of the Trading infrastructure, with a focus on performance optimization, monitoring, automation and capacity. The team ensures that the optimal levels of systems and infrastructure are available, and preemptively resolves the issues.
The High Performance Computing team is responsible for developing and supporting the large scale compute and storage platform designed to solve demanding financial and business problems through computer modeling, simulation and analysis.
- Deployment, operation and support of:
- High performance compute infrastructure with focus on diverse and distributed on-prem and cloud storage
- HPC schedulers such as HTCondor or SLURM
- Containerization platform (Kubernetes)
- Related automation and monitoring tools
- Handling relations with hardware and software vendors
- 3-5 years of experience Linux administration, ideally in a large scale research environment infrastructure (scientific, financial, data analytics)
- Recent experience managing underlying storage platforms and technologies (NetApp, Isilon, GPFS, Pure, CEPH)
- Post-secondary education in computer science or related fields
- Understanding of containerization, container networking, and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with at least one programming language with a preference for Python or Go
- Familiarity with at least one cloud platform (GCP, AWS or Azure)
- Good communication skills
Tower’s office is located in Downtown Montreal and is easily accessible by public transportation. While we work hard, Tower’s cubicle-free workplace, jeans-clad workforce, and well-stocked kitchens reflect the premium the firm places on quality of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- 5 weeks of paid vacation per year
- Lunch and snacks on a daily basis
- Reimbursement for health and wellness expenses
- Free events and workshops
- Donation matching program
Tower Research Capital is an equal opportunity employer.