Virtu is a leading financial firm that leverages cutting edge technology to deliver liquidity to the global markets and innovative, transparent trading solutions to our clients. As a market maker, Virtu provides deep liquidity that helps to create more efficient markets around the world. Our market structure expertise, broad diversification, and execution technology enables us to provide competitive bids and offers in over 19,000 securities, at over 235 venues, in 36 countries worldwide.
The Virtu Legal and Compliance team is looking for an experienced, self-driven Compliance Officer to join the team. The Compliance Officer will play an important role in shaping Virtu's Compliance function through innovation, analytical thinking and a desire to improve upon existing processes. This role will require interest and ability to work across several Compliance areas, manage multiple deadlines and interact with internal and external stakeholders.
The Compliance Officer works closely with business functions to provide advice, conduct surveillances, investigate issues and develop sustainable corrective actions. The ideal candidate will be an exceptional communicator who will serve as the face of the Compliance team both internally and externally and is comfortable working directly with all levels of management. A successful candidate will be a person who identifies issues and creates solutions without rigid direction or fanfare. The candidate will be a highly motivated and tenacious individual, with a proven ability to take initiative, working both independently and within a team.
- Develop and perform surveillance and supervisory reviews.
- Respond to regulatory inquiries by gathering data, conducting stakeholder interviews and performing analyses to inform a narrative response.
- Drive compliance innovation initiatives with a focus on greater automation and increased efficiency.
- Provide subject matter compliance advisory to a market making and trading organization, working closely with key stakeholders in the business, operations, risk, technology and finance teams.
- Communicate with regulators and other external parties (verbal and written) in connection with inquiries, exams, rule-making initiatives and outreach.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or Commensurate Experience.
- Post-Graduate Degree a Plus.
- 2-4 years of experience with a financial services firm, Fin-Tech, regulator or commensurate experience.
- Strong working knowledge of broker-dealer regulation, including securities and commodities laws, the SFA and MAS’ capital markets regulations and guidance.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter and team player who is comfortable working in a fast paced environment and a relatively flat organization.
- Familiarity with equities, options, fixed income, currency, commodities, futures, fx, swaps and forwards.
- Knowledge of computer programming languages, database administration, and network architecture to assist with such matters as trade reviews and gathering data a plus.
- Trading and back office experience a plus.
**These qualifications are meant as a guideline and aren’t minimum qualifications. We would love to hear from you regardless of whether you have all the experiences listed!**
Virtu Financial is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, welcoming you for who you are and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.