Data Scientist (Deep Research) Intern
WorldQuant develops and deploys systematic financial strategies across a broad range of asset classes and global markets. We seek to produce high-quality predictive signals (alphas) through our proprietary research platform to employ financial strategies focused on exploiting market inefficiencies. Our teams work collaboratively to drive the production of alphas and financial strategies – the foundation of a balanced, global investment platform.
WorldQuant’s success is built on a culture that pairs academic sensibility with accountability for results. Employees are encouraged to think openly about problems, balancing intellectualism and practicality. Excellent ideas come from anyone, anywhere. Employees are encouraged to challenge conventional thinking and possess an attitude of continuous improvement. That’s a key ingredient in remaining a leader in any industry.
Our goal is to hire the best and the brightest. We value intellectual horsepower first and foremost, and people who demonstrate an outstanding talent. There is no roadmap to future success, so we need people who can help us build it. Our collective intelligence will drive us there.
The Role: This is a highly outstanding opportunity for a Data Scientist intern to join a new and rapidly growing team. In this role you will partner with our team of quantitative researchers, data engineers, technologists and data sourcing colleagues to analyze and enrich a broad range of structured and unstructured big data.
Key responsibilities include:
- Enriching a wide range of data into datasets for quantitative analysis
- Improving data quality & integrity via a process orientated approach; developing validation tools to measure the efficiency of data enrichment; taking full ownership of end-to-end data workflow
- Learning from a domain expert on different fundamental datasets, analyzing & understanding the underlying dynamics and behaviors within the data
- Communicating data-driven analysis and insights to the team
- Developing utility tools that can further automate the software development, testing and deployment workflow, that facilitate the team’s research efforts
- Using your expertise to provide technical support for global researchers, including diagnosing root causes of technical problems and proposing solutions to developers
What You’ll Bring:
- Strong academic background – minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a technical or quantitative field
- Excellent Python programming skills
- Shown experience of extracting insights from large and sophisticated datasets using SQL and Python (knowledge of Spark is a big plus)
- Experience of taking your ideas from a Jupyter Notebook to production
- Expertise in time series analysis and anomaly detection
- Strong interactive data visualisation skills using Plotly, Dash etc.
- Knowledge of web development frameworks (Flask, FastAPI, Django) is a bonus
- Knowledge of front-end frameworks and HTML/CSS
- Outstanding analytical & problem solving abilities, with attention to detail
- Motivated by a deep curiosity and passion to learn
- Commitment of at least 3 months’ duration for the internship
Copyright © 2022 WorldQuant, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
WorldQuant is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation or preference, age, marital status, citizenship, national origin, disability, military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable law.