Research Analyst Intern
WorldQuant develops and deploys systematic financial strategies across a broad range of asset classes and global markets. We seek to produce high-quality predictive signals (alphas) through our proprietary research platform to employ financial strategies focused on exploiting market inefficiencies. Our teams work collaboratively to drive the production of alphas and financial strategies – the foundation of a balanced, global investment platform.
WorldQuant’s success is built on a culture that pairs academic sensibility with accountability for results. Employees are encouraged to think openly about problems, balancing intellectualism and practicality. Great ideas come from anyone, anywhere. Employees are encouraged to challenge conventional thinking and possess a mindset of continuous improvement. That’s a key ingredient in remaining a leader in any industry.
Our goal is to hire the best and the brightest. We value intellectual horsepower first and foremost, and people who demonstrate an exceptional talent. There is no roadmap to future success, so we need people who can help us create it. Our collective intelligence will drive us there.
- Using finance and accounting knowledge to analyze and adjust fundamental data in a quantitative way
- Using Natural Language Processing tools to identify key business/economic relations by analyzing various types of information such as company financial statements, conference call transcripts, company websites, etc.
What You’ll Bring:
- Pursuing Bachelor’s or above degree from a leading university in a quantitative or highly analytical field (e.g. Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Financial Engineering, Big Data)
- Graduating in late 2022 or 2023
- Demonstrated ability of at least one programming language, e.g. C++, python, etc.; familiar with platforms like Linux/Unix
- Knowledge and/or work experience in finance, especially in stock market and financial statement analysis, is a plus
- Knowledge about accounting (especially US GAAP) or experience at a commercial financial data provider/equity research (particularly global equity) is a plus
- Research experience in NLP or Deep Learning is a plus
- Composite background is a plus
- Proficient English reading and writing skills
What We Offer:
- Top performers during the internship may be eligible for a WorldQuant full-time offer
- Competitive intern salary
- Join our established tutorial training system and receive one-on-one guidance by an accomplished mentor during the internship
- Enhance global vision with opportunities to exchange ideas with various teams in WorldQuant global offices
- Flexible working time, comfortable working environment, and rich employee activities
Position based in Beijing, China.
Interested and qualified candidates please email your current CV (or any questions) in ENGLISH and local language
Copyright © 2022 WorldQuant, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
WorldQuant is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation or preference, age, marital status, citizenship, national origin, disability, military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable law.