DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
What you’ll be working on:
- Actively engage with others in the hardware development team to Architect, develop, debug, validate and release software to production on new hardware platforms. The software will vary from low-level device drivers to simplified stack, management, and testing software.
- Designing and implementing high-performance Linux user space and kernel space code to interact with the cutting-edge trading/networking systems
- Accessing hardware system registers over the management channel to gather near-real-time information on a large number of data and to generate statistics.
- Driving software projects and leading new initiatives
- Identifying and implementing best practices for the architecture and software design that can be adopted by the development team
- Evaluating appropriate new technologies, tools, frameworks and software components
You’ll feel right at home if you…
- Have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering.
- Have a strong understanding of C or C++, Embedded software development platform.
- Have a minimum of 2 years of relevant software development experience
- Have a good understanding of Python or another scripting language
- Excellent knowledge of Linux OS user space and kernel level coding techniques, IP Network Protocols, and interacting with hardware subsystems.
- Have experience with software performance analysis.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a collaborative environment with cross-functional teams,
- Ability to design solutions and implement features independently
- Possess self-motivation, curiosity, and passion for technology
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Knows different types of a communication protocols; I2C, SPI, RS232, UART.
- Embedded Linux experience, Yocto or other
What DRW Montreal has to offer you:
- Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Employers for the past 8 years
- Committed to continuous learning & development
- Industry leading benefits package and perks
- Focused on employee well-being and work-life balance
- Community initiatives, volunteer program and opportunities for giving back
Find out more about all of our perks & benefits here
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.