Cumberland Labs is a DeFi incubator firm, backed by the founders of trading company DRW and crypto pioneer Cumberland. These founders have proven expertise in taking great ideas and translating them into action (see ErisX, Digital Asset Holdings, and the DRW VC portfolio). As an active participant in the defi ecoystem, Cumberland Labs supports new projects – through capital, expertise and other resources – that we believe have the potential to further democratize markets, make them more transparent and fuel efficiency in operations.
We are seeking a senior DevOps/Cloud Engineer who will help evolve team-specific AWS environments, strengthen a cloud-based development cycle and help with deployment via Terraform or similar tools. The person in this role will be responsible for providing reliable, flexible services which are utilized by the entire firm for many business-critical activities, and should be highly interested in Blockchain technologies and DeFi.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage multiple AWS environments spanning teams, support development, and work with counterparts across the firm to unify cloud engineering efforts
- Build and maintain Blockchain Nodes and related infrastructure
- Create, improve, and fully automate CI/CD development cycles
- Constantly improve our own logging, monitoring and alerting practices
- Develop automation to facilitate administrative tasks supporting the onboarding and maintenance of various users and groups
- Provide recommendations and create demonstration examples of cloud technology solutions
- Stay abreast of new developments in the areas of cloud technology, services, and networking
- Lead and guide junior members on the team
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4+ years of experience working with Amazon Web Services, with exposure to other cloud vendors such as Google Cloud Platform and Microsoft Azure
- Proficient with at least one back-end programming language such as Python, NodeJS or Java
- Experience with automation in the cloud, in addition to services used in loosely coupled serverless architectures, such as Lambda, SQS, API Gateway, etc.
- Familiarity with git or other version control software
- Familiarity with continuous integration services like Jenkins, Bamboo
- Working knowledge of cloud-based data analytics solutions such as Databricks, and Snowflake
- Must work well in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment and have strong work ethic and initiative
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve production problems while making sensible decisions in times of stress
- Asking questions, sharing information, and understanding the "why" for your work and the team's work
- Able to work well on a team as well as independently
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and documentation/knowledge management skills
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.