DTE Energy is a Detroit-based diversified energy company involved in the development and management of energy-related businesses and services in the United States and Canada.(more about DTE)
This position is located out of the Energy Trading Houston Texas Office (HSTN)
• Analyzes counterparty credit worthiness using financial models and makes recommendations. Manages credit exposure and credit limits of counterparties using credit mitigation tools, understand the credit exposure for long term transactions and manage the credit language of energy contracts.
• Leads all aspects of credit management functions for the organization’s non-regulated companies.
• Understands Standards and Poor and Moody’s rating scales and analyzes the credit worthiness of counterparties using financial analysis, outside credit ratings and quantitative and qualitative risk models and determines the credit limit for counterparties.
• Oversees the organizations collateral management process to issue and receive parental guarantees and actively manages the collateral process by working with the organizations respective departments to understand the collateral limits and contractual language.
• Understands credit language in energy contracts including, International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA) and North American Energy Standards Board (NAESB) contracts and recommends credit clauses including counterparty thresholds, downgrade language, payment netting and other standard clauses, and negotiates terms with the counterparty.
• Utilizes continuous improvement methodologies and techniques to improve quality, delivery and efficiency of assigned work and processes.
• Researches issues, develops and implements recommendations for special projects.
• Maintains appropriate risk management procedures, systems, models and processes.
• Works collaboratively in the creation and execution of valuation and analytical models.
• Monitors compliance with company policies and procedures.
• 1 year performing in an energy markets organization involved with trading, marketing
• Communicates effectively verbally and in writing with individuals at all levels, inside and outside the Corporation especially with traders, back office, accounting, tax and outside counterparties.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills consistent with the ability to identify key issues from a broad range of alternatives and recommend optimal solutions for various situations.
• Knowledge of risk management.
• Must be reliable and willing to accept responsibility for assigned tasks.
• Knowledge of general commercial transactions, business and / or accounting.
• Dedication to complete daily reporting requirements is imperative.
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities and utilize varying combinations of the competencies cited in this description, depending on the organization and role to which they’re assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the right of any supervisory or management representative to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
At DTE Energy, we are committed to providing an inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcome and a sense of belonging. We seek individuals with a heart for service, a passion to help our communities prosper, and ideas to help shape the future of energy. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.