DescriptionBe a part of something powerful at America's leading energy provider!
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon! Exelon is currently seeking highly motivated students for summer internships. Paid internships will last approximately 10 weeks between June and August. Interns will work on projects designed to help them gain real-world, hands-on experience working independently under an assigned supervisor.
We are seeking students who meet the following criteria: Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's program Minimum GPA: Cumulative 2.8/Major 3.0 A track record of outstanding academic performance Eagerness to contribute in a team-oriented environment Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment Excellent leadership, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
1. Current Student at an accredited college or university
2. Significant progress towards the completion of a Master’s or Ph.D. degree, with a focus on Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Economics, Engineering or other quantitative discipline;
3. Completed graduate level classes in quantitative methods with an average grade point of 3.0 or higher.
4. Strong written and verbal communication skills
5. Ability to consistently work under and meet tight deadlines and milestones
6. Ability and willingness to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information
7. Ability and willingness to travel to other company locations as needed
8. Ability to work in a team environment
9. Ability and willingness to work flexible hours
10. Ability and willingness to work 20 hours per week.
Experience in developing and applying econometric techniques in a practical business environment to support decision making.
2. Demonstrated interest in understanding of energy industry issues and market dynamics including rate and legislative/regulatory matters, fundamental energy supply and demand drivers, energy delivery operating drivers, industry technology trends, etc.
3. Proven ability to gather, organize, analyze, interpret and communicate data in an understandable and meaningful manner to improve understanding to facilitate business strategy, decision making and performance improvement
4. Demonstrated skills in modeling and programming (e.g., SAS, SQL, Vensim, R, STATA, Excel, etc.). Experience of model development in a practical business environment.