Hudson River Trading (HRT) is looking for a curious, innovative, and creative Security Authorization Engineer passionate about cyber security to join our growing Security Team. This role will work closely with the Systems and Desktop Support (“Help”) teams at HRT to set up and maintain HRT’s production critical Authorization services. The ideal candidate will have significant experience working in a technical cyber security role at an organization with a dedicated security operations function surrounding authorization. You’ll have the opportunity to own and strategically impact HRT’s global cyber security systems, from creating and streamlining processes to implementing core security engineering projects that will be the foundation of authentication and authorization at HRT.
- Design and build group management and synchronization infrastructure
- Enable temporary, justified elevation of privilege when required
- Reduce unnecessary passive privileges across all of HRT’s sensitive functions
- Design privilege analysis systems and libraries to protect sensitive data and areas of HRT’s systems
- 5+ years of experience in cyber security, with specific experience in Security Authorization Engineering
- Experience working with and building strong cross-functional relationships
- Experience with Linux (Debian is a huge plus!)
- BS (or equivalent) in Computer Science
- MS in Information Security is a plus
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we welcome a variety of expertise: mathematics and computer science, physics and engineering, media and tech. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automation in every part of our organization—from trading, to business operations, to recruiting and beyond. We value openness and transparency, and celebrate great ideas from HRT veterans and new hires alike. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues – whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Feel like you belong at HRT? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.