IMC Financial Markets is a proprietary trading firm and market maker for various financial instruments listed on exchanges throughout the world.(more about IMC)
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers. Founded in 1989, we are an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us today and can be found in all of our offices around the world.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
IMC is looking for an Office Assistant to support all employees of the IMC Amsterdam office. In this role, you are the first point of contact and you act as hostess for both external and internal visitors. Next to that, you are in charge of a wide range of activities and events. In this versatile job you are together with the other Office Assistant(s) responsible to keep the Reception Desk running smoothly at a high level.
Your responsibilities include:
• Acting as host for both internal and external visitors
• Booking travel arrangements / itineraries
• Handling telephone and email traffic in both Dutch and English
• Handling incoming and outgoing (express) mail/couriers
• Being the contact person for several suppliers, including courier services
• Assisting the Office Manager with office events
• Managing the stock of office supplies
• Coordinating the booking of meeting rooms and keeping them tidy as well as the reception desk, repro area
• Several administrative tasks such as managing newspaper subscriptions, planning of chair massages etc.
WHAT MAKES IT FUN
• Every day is different, you never know what your day is going to look like
• The interaction with the internal- and external relations
• Opportunity to work in an international, dynamic, fast paced environment
• Working in one of the nicest office buildings in Amsterdam where your good work is getting noticed.
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for a proactive candidate who gives high priority to hospitality. An energetic team player who is well organized, loyal and flexible. Next to that, the requirements are:
• Minimum MBO working and thinking level, preferably in a relevant direction
• 2+ years of working experience in a similar role (Receptionist / Office Assistant / Secretary) in an international environment
• Excellent command of English and preferably Dutch (speaking and writing)
• Experience with Microsoft Office applications.
OUR HIRING PROCESS
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing with us on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC.
IMC: JOIN A WORLD-CLASS GLOBAL MARKET MAKER
IMC is a world-renowned market maker with offices in Europe, the US and Asia-Pacific. We use algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities across multiple trading venues. Our vital role, at the centre of the financial markets, provides liquidity for buyers and sellers worldwide.
In the late 1980s, IMC quickly identified the importance of technology in the fast-evolving trading environment. Our passion for innovation continues to drive us today. Although our company has grown rapidly over recent decades, we still approach our work with the same entrepreneurial spirit, with an emphasis on continuous improvement and innovation. We like our people to think for themselves and we give them the responsibility and support they need to make an impact. This means real work as well as dedicated training programmes and mentors.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun – whether solving complex problems or taking part in team-building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute to a better society through our foundation.