About the Position
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and technically curious individual with an IT operations focus to join Jane Street’s IT Security team. Our team is dedicated to securing the firm’s IT computing platforms, which you will contribute to through a combination of technical hands-on work, cross-team collaboration, and creative problem solving.
Additional responsibilities of this role will include:
- Deploying, documenting, and implementing security controls at scale
- Acting as a key component to our Vulnerability Management program to ensure we’re detecting and mitigating vulnerabilities
- Providing guidance and support to the broader IT department and IT Operations team as security incidents arise
- Developing both technical and non-technical solutions in collaboration with engineering teams to address security concerns.
- Contributing to the development of our team’s operational playbooks and procedures
We’re looking for someone who loves working with people, enjoys triaging complex problems, and is able to delegate and escalate tasks effectively. This role is anything but siloed; we’ll rely on you to be the main liaison between the IT Security team and other internal technology groups to distill and communicate pertinent information. While we’re open to individuals from a range of backgrounds, someone who’s worked in a code-driven environment and has hands-on experience with security incident response is preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience as a Security or Operations Engineer, with a technical background rooted in Windows
- Experience maintaining, supporting, and administering Windows and macOS platforms
- Understanding of common attacks carried out on a Windows platform as well as protection technologies designed to reduce associated risk(s)
- Strong troubleshooting skills, familiarity with trending and log analysis, and hands-on experience using system performance tools to identify production disruptions
- Hands-on experience deploying and implementing Endpoint Security controls at scale (AntiMalware, EDR, Application Control, Log Aggregation, Host-Based Firewalls, etc)
- Exposure interacting with a Windows command line environment (Powershell); scripting experience is a plus
- Knowledge of macOS security fundamentals is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; explains processes clearly to colleagues across the firm
- Comfortable working in an environment with shifting priorities
- Collaborative and approachable; eager to be a team player
- Fluency in English required