About the Position
We are looking for a Unified Communications Engineer to help support our global voice and video infrastructure. This will require working closely with members of our existing UC team in all of our office locations worldwide—along with colleagues from our IT Operations, Cybersecurity, and Networking groups—to operate, maintain, and support our UC products and services.
In this role, you will be responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting, and supporting our global UC infrastructure, especially our voice recording solutions. You should be passionate about solving complex problems and supporting users with robust, flexible technical solutions. To do this well, you will need to collaborate with other internal teams, and maintain awareness of the latest technology and developments within the Unified Communications space.
Our UC Engineers are experts at multitasking, monitoring alarms generated by our voice & video systems and juggling project-related tasks, all while serving as an escalation point for users and other technology groups. We interface with different technology groups to provide capacity planning, develop standards and best practices, and improve documentation across our global UC infrastructure.
- 4+ years of in-depth experience configuring and supporting the Cisco UC and Collaboration Product Suite, including:
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager versions 10.5 +
- Cisco Unity Connection 10.5 +
- Cisco Meeting Server
- Cisco Expressway
- Have a thorough understanding of core networking and telephony technologies, including experience with modern voice recording platforms (Verint, Nice, Calabrio, etc.)
- Have experience maintaining and supporting multi-cluster environments
- Familiar with virtualisation of Cisco UC applications on enterprise grade servers (HPE, Dell, Cisco, etc)
- Have experience upgrading and maintaining Cisco UC products (including cloud-based conferencing technologies), and implementing and supporting audio/video conferencing endpoints, Cisco Jabber, and Cisco 8000 series phones
- Able to collect and interpret log files, collaborate with support partners to solve problems while maintaining system stability, and properly manage expectations with colleagues and users
- Have a working knowledge of signaling protocols (SIP, SCCP, H323, etc.) and experience with Session Border Controllers and SIP trunking
- Show a strong understanding of current security standards and expectations, and ability to troubleshoot and use creative thinking to resolve issues
- Familiar with Cisco APIs related to UC products
- Experience in programming or scripting is a plus
- Fluency in English required