Accounts Payable Officer – 3 Month Contract
At Optiver we operate without bureaucracy, without hierarchy and without egos. We are constantly inspired by one another, the diverse skill sets, unique minds and the desire to be better. We’re passionate, driven and collaborative when it comes to tackling interesting problems. That’s where you come in.
Optiver is a leading global proprietary trading firm. We provide the most up-to-date and competitive prices to anyone wanting to buy or sell financial instruments. Achieving this requires excellence in everything we do. We constantly look for opportunities to advance and improve our pricing, trade execution, and risk management. This rigorous approach helps us realize our mission each and every day: improve the market
We have a performance-driven culture and continually strive for enhanced knowledge, innovative problem solving and streamlined systems and processes. We are passionate about creating value for the business and supporting the continued success of Optiver. We believe in people with ideas who challenge the status quo and want to help you reach your potential.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will complement team by:
- Day to day processing of all invoices
- Management of corporate credit cards and expense claims (automated through Concur)
- Performing new vendor set up procedures
- Ensuring the Authorised Signature policy is adhered to
- Managing internal staff and external creditors relations
- Assisting with maintenance of fixed asset registers
- Adhering to the Risk & Control framework and reporting of AP KRIs
- Assisting with Continuous Process Improvement initiatives
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 1-4 years’ experience as an Accounts Payable specialist for a medium sized organisation
- Strong communication and stakeholder’s management skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong control mindset and high level of integrity
- Disciplined planning and time management
- Strong change agent with keen interest and aptitude in process and system improvements
- Previous experience of using technology to create the most effective and efficient processes
- Previous experience in Oracle NetSuite will be highly valued
- Intermediate MS Excel skills
- Self-learner with high aptitude for problem solving
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to work alongside diverse, intelligent, and driven peers in a rewarding environment
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast, lunch and an in-house barista
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
- A work-from-home allowance and support
- Guided relocation, a competitive relocation package and visa sponsorship where necessary.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.