The new SEAM organization integrates Safety, Environment & Asset Management activities, with a broad geographical footprint, that will support Shell’s business & assets around the world.
The vision of SEAM is to provide capability across the spectrum of Safety, Environment and Asset Management with:
- shaping the future ways of working through introducing to the business new technology and news way of working, including e.g. digital, SBO, and real-time, data-driven, end-to-end optimization and risk management, but also global programmes like Human Performance Based Safety Philosophy.
- providing performance feedback driving disciplined execution to deliver reliable, predictable results
- helping the businesses build their improvement plans and provide support to execute them
- sustaining performance through strong core capabilities (internal, including SBO & contingent) through building expertise and a company-wide consistent approach
The VP TAO will be accountable for maximizing integrated business value across the organization. Technical Asset Operations (TAO) is a key enabler for the accelerated delivery of Shell’s Asset Management System and will help us to reach our ultimate potential in Downstream Manufacturing, Integrated Gas and Upstream. TAO provides high quality and cost-competitive technical resources who are not physically present at site yet are an integral part of asset teams delivering value through end-to-end AMS work processes.
This role is intended to help Turnaround (TA) engineers in execution of small to large scale turnaround activities & related processes line TA work planning, TA work pack preparations, labor estimations and guiding the teams in implementing the standard work packs for TA activities. Guiding & helping Team Leads to improve performance of TA activities and improving TA processes by developing and implementing improvements in process design, execution methods, work preparation etc. Serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME)- analyzes processes and tools with a solid understanding of TA process.Enable the teams in preparing for TA activities, work pack/task lists for equipment.Support maintenance engineers as assigned from end-to-end basis initial respond, carry out detailed analyses & assessment, ensure correct prioritization of work, troubleshoot & propose technical solutions virtually, co-ordinate discussion with stakeholders, conduct Risk Assessment, ensure good QA/QC, record keeping, & final job closure to enable high equipment reliability & plant technical availability.Acts as the primary focal point for “first answers” for the technical issues raised by TAO engineers and Asset Partners.Uses a basic awareness of associate maintenance processes to troubleshoot, analyze and promote technical solutions.Is one of the implementers to embed business context and technical knowledge into the Operations staff. Lead a variety of improvement projects as required.
Turnaround specialists evaluate and prioritize maintenance and inspection requirements and develop plans to shut down. They prepare TA reports once the turnaround work is complete. As part of their work, they also develop work scopes, prepare budgets, and allocate human and material resources to ensure efficient turnarounds.
Purpose & Accountabilities
- Guide the team in creation the Turnaround (TA) task lists and general task lists based on the maintenance strategy and linking it with maintenance plans and items.
- Taking responsibility in guiding & mentoring the team in preparing/developing comprehensive TA work packs/task lists from overhaul reports, maintenance reports, general task list, equipment specific task lists, spare part list, equipment drawings, circuit diagrams, P&IDs, operation, and maintenance manuals of OEMs etc., for equipment of Upstream, Down Stream & Integrated Gas operating units as per Shell Standards.
- Guide and mentor the teams in writing & reviewing the work instruction of Turnaround activities.
- Coach higher order critical thinking, brainstorming and decision-making skills to TAO front line Staff. Assist team leads to embed networking and virtual working skills to the staff.
- Coach and mentor TAO engineers in Upstream, Down Stream & IG equipment – processes and tools. Processes include TA work planning activities, Work packs/Work Preparation etc.
- Partner with the business and participate in various forums. Develop a rapport with and work through the Global Process Owners (GPOs) / PTEs to identify improvement projects. Lead improvement projects Continuous Improvement (CI) and Solution Implementation (SI) projects for maintenance execution. Ensure benefits delivery.
- Prioritizing, planning, developing, and scheduling multi-trade turnaround maintenance and integrated capital project activities.
- Preparing detailed execution plans for required activities for each specific work area within the scope of a turnaround.
- Maintaining an up-to-date list of maintenance requirements and procedures.
- Evaluating maintenance requirements and developing an overall scope and timeframe for turnaround work and related activities.
- Coordinating maintenance and inspection work timelines within operational requirements.
- Developing critical path actions for shutdown, turnaround, and restart processes.
- Developing staff, contractor, and equipment resource requirements for turnaround process.
- Ensures the completion of assignments as required by the turnaround plan
- Coordinates with other maintenance departments to ensure full completion of maintenance plan
- Ensure the availability of required resources (material and manpower) to carry out all turnaround activities.
- Participates in budgeting and cost estimates for turnaround activities
- Develop, review, and update the work instructions and working procedures related to turnaround, communicate updates and instructions when required
- Ensures the recommendations from RCM is followed
- Communicate with area planner to make sure that the scope of work is well understand and communicated to the contractor.
- Ensure that execution of scope is done as per the standards and with the best efficient way.
- Verify the full implementation of scope of work and assume responsibility of negative variation.
- To challenge the requirement for additional scope of work and participate in cost estimation of same.
- To communicate all findings encountered during scope execution and suggest development plan
- Liaise with HSE team to ensure a robust HSE Plan is in place and all high-risk tasks are identified, strong work procedures are adhered too.
- Ensure all additional service requirements to contract are correctly costed in SAP orders are in place prior to expenditure.
- Reporting systems for daily attainment to plan, issues, and scope growth to be compiled and communicated to asset partners.
- Ensure that quality requirements for TA activities are met by setting and agreeing performance standards, monitoring against these, and taking corrective action when necessary.
- Detailed completion report to be produced at the end of each turnaround.
The role covers relationship management with technical authorities/subject matter experts in several Upstream, Down Stream and Integrated Gas OUs. The Technical Specialist-Turnaround needs to be able to understand and explain to others how changes/improvements in process controls and technical standards need to be reflected in the system.
Skills & Requirements
- University Degree (B.E./B. Tech.) in Mechanical / Industrial Engineering
8 plus years of Industrial/field experience in operations and maintenance/ turnaround/ shutdown maintenance/ engineering/ technical jobs in Oil & Gas/ Petrochemicals industry in one or more of the following fields: -
- Operations and maintenance, Turnaround of plants/piping & pigging facilities/ rotating equipment like turbines, engines, compressors, centrifugal pumps etc., and static equipment like columns, safety valves, pressure vessels, heat exchangers, process isolation etc.
- Industrial experience in operations and maintenance/erection/commissioning & turnaround of heavy rotating equipment like engines, compressors, turbines, centrifugal pumps, etc., with experience in maintenance planning, preparing the maintenance work instructions, task lists, maintenance plans, work, and manpower estimation for major maintenance of the rotary equipment.
- Design, maintenance, troubleshooting experience and Knowledge of rotating machines such as centrifugal compressor, gas turbine, steam turbine, centrifugal pump, reciprocating compressor, screw compressor, positive displacement pump, Induced/Forced draught fan, cooler fan, and blower etc.
- Experience and knowledge in rotating machines performance and health monitoring.
- Experience in Planning and scheduling Major and Minor Plant Turnarounds/Shutdowns, day to day preventive maintenance. Resource allocation and leveling. Manpower planning and allocation. Understanding the safety requirement and Risk Assessment with hands on experience working in planning & scheduling tools viz. MS Projects/PrimaveraP6
- Knowledge/Proficiency in SAP PM/MM module is highly desirable.
- Experience in leading team/process/projects is highly desirable.
- Knowledge/Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Access etc., is highly desirable.
- Knowledge/Proficiency in AutoCAD, Auto Plant/SP3D and other design and drafting software will be an added advantage.
- Effective communication skill and stakeholder management is a necessary skill for the job.
- Professional Engineering certification (API RBI-580/581 etc.,) is an added value.
- Virtual working experience highly desirable.
- Strong aptitude for Learner Mindset
- Flexibility to move quickly across changing priorities and manage multiple Projects/Programmes
- Ability to independently, resourcefully, and creatively research and implement new solutions
- A good understanding of the Upstream/DS/IG business and how it works.
- Ability to engage and effectively communicate at all levels inside and outside Shell and within different cultural settings.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to challenge and ability to build internal and external relationships based on trust and to integrate across multiple functions.
- Continuous Improvement