The role of Software QA specialist is an independent role who can plan and manage end-to-end test activities such as test script development, test execution & defects management. Key challenge is to complete test preparation & test execution on time and provide overall delivery on time without much oversight.
Work closely with Scrum and BA team members to clarify requirements, ensure testability and ability to design test cases, to provide feedback on design, both functional and technical. Identify test cases from Acceptance Criteria for the User Stories, estimate work and participate in design reviews. Work on frameworks to ensure continuous deployment and continuous integration.
Note: Candidate should be willing to do manual and/or automation testing per project requirements in Shell.
Candidate should be ready to upskill on Selenium per project need
Key accountabilities include:
- As an QA specialist, you will be responsible to plan and undertake end-to-end test activities such as test script development, automation test script development, test execution & defects management.
- Work collaboratively with Test Manager, Product Managers, Business Analysts, Developers in project to assess test scenarios and provide test requirements based on risk-based testing methodology.
- Design and Develop Test strategy, Test plan, Test reporting, test conditions, test scripts, test data, and expected results for test streams, including Product Test, Integration Test, Technical Test and Deployment Test.
- Capable of designing and execution of detailed functional test cases for complex requirements.
- Capable of creating automation test script for complex scenarios and E2E scenarios.
- Experience in identifying and implementing process improvements that improve the level of delivery while finding optimization opportunities
- Must demonstrate effective communication with management, peers, and subordinates, both verbally and in writing
- Proactive and Organized, Capable of working in an ambiguous/uncertain environment, understanding risks & flagging it on time. Ability to mitigate risks and ensuring quality deliverables adhering to timelines.
- Ensuring Test Delivery Assurance complying with Shell standard tools and framework.
- Experienced virtual team worker with ability to work across time, geographical, and cultural boundaries
- Leadership skills and ability to drive change using influence and networking
- Good team player and effective leader with a long-term vision
- Flexible working across time zones because this role requires coordination with stakeholders in UK/US
- 7+ years of overall experience with at least 5+ relevant experience in UFT.
- Good experience in various automation frameworks like Hybrid, Keyword driven, BPT, etc..
- Sufficient experience / knowledge on VB Scripting.
- Develop, maintain and execute automated tests using UFT.
- Design, develop, and maintain automated test scripts and test infrastructure.
- Experience in SQL
- Good Experience working in Agile.
- Prepare test plan and test strategy
- Well versed with Testing Phases and adaptation of testing in each phase
- Work Expertise of Web Services & Integration testing
- Experienced with STLC and Testing Concepts
- Understanding of build pipelines, software development lifecycle, testing methodologies, QA terminology, processes and procedures using ATDD and TDD methods
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment, working knowledge with VSTS & GIT.
- Skills in test integrations, defect management and test management using any ALM and Azure DevOps
- Strong verbal and written communication skills is mandatory
- Self-Driven, results oriented, motivated and a team player
- Ability to work across time zones and be flexible
In addition to mandatory requirements above, the following skills will be a plus: -
- Experienced in Aligne
- Knowledge in WINDOWS server
- Experience in Shell/batch command
- Experience in Trade life cycle
- Knowledge in energy industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent with of 7+ years of experience in testing and QA Automation of Desktop application.