Targray - Building sustainable solutions for a world in transition
Established in 1987 in Montreal, Canada, Targray is a global leader in the sourcing, transportation, storage, trading and distribution of commodities and advanced materials for a broad range of industry sectors. Our supply solutions help reduce the world's carbon footprint while enabling our customers to create safer, more reliable products for consumers.
Targray has operations in 11 countries and over $1B USD in annual sales. In 2019, the company made its debut appearance on the FP500, Financial Post’s ranking of the top 500 corporations in Canada by revenue.
- Great Place to Work® | Best Workplaces in Quebec (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Deloitte | Best Managed Companies (2019 - 2022)
- EY Canada | Quebec Entrepreneur of the Year (2016)
- HSBC | International Business Award (2012)
- Profit 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in Canada (2006, 2009)
Targray is looking for a Manager Program Compliance – Environmental Commodities, responsible for managing the various Biofuels and Renewable Diesel credit generation programs in North America and across the globe, while also starting to support the operations of the Environmental Markets trading desk. Reporting to the Director Operations – Renewable fuels, this role provides subject matter expertise on low carbon fuel standards and other compliance programs globally and ensures it is strategically implemented in day-to-day operations. Meanwhile, this role will also work cross functionally with Legal, Commercial and Finance to conduct market and regulatory analysis to identify opportunities, as the Energy Transition intensifies.
- Explore and analyze carbon markets and regulations within Renewable Identification Numbers (RINs), low Carbon Fuel Standard (LCFS), CFR (Clean Fuel Regulations), RFS (Renewable Fuel Standard), Renewable Energy Directive (RED), Renewable Energy Sources (RES) and other programs as applicable.
- Manage credit generation requirements and compliance obligations within Low Carbon Fuel Standards (LCFS, CFR, RINs) internally and commercially.
- Support business development in conducting market analysis on commercial opportunities within the clean energy industry.
- Coordinate and lead research, analysis, development, and review of strategic policies and legislation related to climate action strategies.
- Stay current with relevant federal economic opportunities (Canada/USA) in the Clean Energy sector, including fund tranches and incentive programs to leverage both internally and commercially.
- Prepare presentations summarizing and accurately communicating compliance obligations to senior management
- Be a convincing, persuasive agent of change.
- Monitor credit inventories and sources of supply to ensure current and future availability to meet commitments.
- Work closely with Commercial teams to understand future business flows.
- Communicate with key internal and external stakeholders across several departments (Commercial, Risk, IT, Finance)
- Provide support for internal or external audits.
- Ability to monitor and develop a deep understanding of physical and regulatory biofuel markets (ethanol, biodiesel, & credits).
- Develop key metrics, continuously seeking out opportunities to improve overall performance.
- Monitor and report on actual and forecasted renewable fuel blend percentages against required obligations to ensure compliance is achieved in all jurisdictions
- Works with regulatory and finance teams to ensure all required reports are filed accurately and timely. In addition, recordkeeping requirements are maintained.
- Cultivating and maintaining relationships with suppliers and end users, while ensuring close corporation with the operations and logistics team to ensure smooth and trades.
- Develop long-term relationships with new and existing customers.
- Developing new trading opportunities and supply sources.
- Monitoring market trends and developing supply & demand scenarios to model prices and capitalize on trading opportunities.
- Proactively sourcing new business opportunities on both the customer side and supply side.
- Staying abreast of markets and looking for new business opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (engineering, applied sciences, finance/economics)
- Minimum 8 years of working experience
- Experience in Biofuels and Renewable diesel credit generation programs is an asset
- Experience modeling carbon intensity (CI) pathways for potential certification.
- Strong interest in climate change, decarbonization, and environmental issues.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Python or other data analytics tools
- Experience in various governmental platform use such as Central Data Exchange for RIN’s, ORFS (Oregon Fuels Reporting System), etc… are an asset.
- Highly self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- A strong team player capable of collaborating with colleagues in various time zones and across several departments
- Analytical problem solver
- Understanding of renewable fuel market mechanisms and compliance requirements considered a major asset.
- Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal; French considered an asset.
- Managing experience of a small team
- Ethical and accountable, with proven ability to lead and coach a team
- Beautiful, spacious and modern workplace environment.
- Highly competitive remuneration.
- Flexible work arrangement policy.
- On-site gym facility reserved for employees.
- Generous company-wide profit-sharing plan.
- Medical and dental insurance.
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer matching.
- Subsidized healthy lunch program with fresh meals served daily.
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We are committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. We welcome and embrace the diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds, and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. When people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
For more information about our company, please visit https://www.targray.com/.