WorldQuant develops and deploys systematic financial strategies across a variety of asset classes and global markets. We seek to produce high-quality predictive signals (alphas) through our proprietary research platform to employ financial strategies focused on market inefficiencies. Our teams work collaboratively to drive the production of alphas and financial strategies – the foundation of a sustainable, global investment platform.
WorldQuant is built on a culture that pairs academic sensibility with accountability for results. Employees are encouraged to think openly about problems, balancing intellectualism and practicality. Great ideas come from anyone, anywhere. Employees are encouraged to challenge conventional thinking and possess an attitude of continuous improvement.
Our goal is to hire the best and the brightest. We value intellectual horsepower first and foremost, and people who demonstrate an exceptional talent. There is no roadmap to future success, so we need people who can help us create it.
The Role: We are seeking an outstanding data science intern with strong modeling and programming skills to join our team. In this role, you will work closely with data science team and technologists across the firm to develop features and metrics for data processing.
- Perform analysis and generate models of financial datasets using machine learning techniques
- Verify the integrity of unstructured data and turn data into potentially valuable insights
- Develop and build data that seek to predict the movement of financial market
- Transfer data into internal infrastructure applying variety of algorithmic techniques
What You’ll Bring:
- Pursuing a Master’s degree or higher from a leading university in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or other related areas
- Graduating in late 2023 or 2024
- Familiar with modeling, data structures, algorithms and optimizations
- Proven ability of at least one programming language, e.g. C++, python, etc.; familiar with platforms like Linux/Unix
- Research experience in NLP, Deep Learning, or AI is a plus
- Proficient English reading and writing skills
What We Offer:
- Top performers during the internship may be eligible for a WorldQuant full-time offer
- Competitive intern salary
- Join our established tutorial training system and receive one-on-one guidance by an accomplished mentor during the internship
- Improve global vision with opportunities to exchange ideas with various teams in WorldQuant global offices
- Flexible working time, comfortable working environment, and rich employee activities
Position is based in our research office located in Beijing.
Copyright © 2023 WorldQuant, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
WorldQuant is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, age, marital status, citizenship, national origin, disability, military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable law.