WorldQuant develops and deploys systematic financial strategies across a broad range of asset classes and global markets. We seek to produce high-quality predictive signals (alphas) through our proprietary research platform to employ financial strategies focused on market inefficiencies. Our teams work collaboratively to drive the production of alphas and financial strategies – the foundation of a balanced, global investment platform.
Technologists at WorldQuant research, design, code, test and deploy projects while working collaboratively with researchers and portfolio managers. Our environment is relaxed yet intellectually driven. We seek people who think in code and are motivated by being around like-minded people.
WorldQuant is built on a culture that pairs academic sensibility with accountability for results. Employees are encouraged to think openly about problems, balancing intellectualism and practicality. Excellent ideas come from anyone, anywhere. Employees are encouraged to challenge conventional thinking and possess an attitude of continuous improvement.
Our goal is to hire the best and the brightest. We value intellectual horsepower first and foremost, and people who demonstrate an outstanding talent. There is no roadmap to future success, so we need people who can help us build it.
WorldQuant is seeking an individual to drive the engineering effort within the Research Technology team to ensure that the systems we maintain are constantly operational, and at the same time, to provide support for researchers within WorldQuant in their research activities. The will also be managing a team of engineers, and work closely with researchers to facilitate their research process.
The candidate must have a methodological demeanor when approaching and solving problems. They must possess excellent knowledge of modern object oriented programming languages such as Python 3 and C++, and understand the importance of testing and documentation. They should have a proven understanding of the Continuous Integration and Deployment pipeline in order to deliver solutions and deploy codes from developers with minimal interruptions to the operations.
What you'll bring:
- Degree in a quantitative or technical field from a top tier institution
- 5+ years of experience as a developer in developing distributed systems in a financial setting
- Proficiency in one of the major programming languages and the various libraries available to it, e.g Python, C++, Java
- Solid understanding in various database and messaging technologies such as SQL, Kafka, Cassandra
- Outstanding interpersonal skills in both verbal and written form
- Excellent problem solving abilities and judgment with strong attention to detail
- Mature and thoughtful, with the ability to operate in a collaborative, team-oriented culture